Cloud Engineer, Full-Stack
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, almost 20 million visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
As a Full-Stack Engineer, you will be a forward-thinking team player ensuring Edmunds’ technical systems and applications work optimally and deliver their intended value. If they do not, you will be an active participant or leader in finding a solution that does.
What You’ll Do:
- Create REST-based web services and APIs for consumption by various teams across the organization
- Collaborate on the development and design of software and systems with other engineers and stakeholders to ensure best practices are followed
- Help automate and develop tools that ensure the rapid, safe, and high-quality delivery of features
- Share your technical solutions and product ideas with the team
What You Need:
- You have an architectural perspective, you can lead the design of medium to large projects with feedback from other engineers
- You would like to do things the right way, you know what works and what does not and you can elaborate on the why and how
- You have working knowledge of one or more cloud services: Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, or Microsoft Azure
- You have exceptional proficiency in at least one programing language
- You have knowledge of Linux operating systems including bash scripting, IP network technologies and DNS
What our Technology stack looks like:
- Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, CDNs, Docker, Serverless, APMs
- MongoDB, Redis, DynamoDB, ActiveMQ, Nginx, Apache, Tomcat
- Java, NodeJS, Python, React, Go, Bash
- Agile and fast-paced environment where priorities may change
- Quickly getting up to speed and understanding Edmunds` technology stack
- Managing and administering legacy systems
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we’ve been recognized as one of the best places to work by the LA Business Journal (for the last 5 years!), Wall Street Journal, Business Week Magazine and Architectural Record. If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!