As a Civil Engineer at Hyperloop One, you will play a key role in developing the transportation system of the future. Your route analysis and infrastructure design efforts will be instrumental in developing a safe, cost-effective and robust design.
- Analyze route options to determine preferred alignment geometry satisfying passenger comfort requirements, including horizontal and vertical curvature.
- Design and develop civil engineering plans for route options including site planning, layout, grading, utilities, pavements, erosion and sediment control, and stormwater management.
- Collaborate with subsystem design engineers to understand technical requirements and ensure they are satisfied in your route analyses.
- Interpret existing transportation codes and develop new design criteria and specifications for Hyperloop One projects.
- Interface with regulators and government agencies in meetings to present the results of route analyses.
- Highly detail oriented and able to consistently meet the required quality standards and agreed deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences, including clients, external consultants, contractors, andregulatory agencies.
- Ability to work under limited direction in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to design complex layouts and drawings from general written or verbal direction of design engineers.
- Comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Highly self-motivated and eager to take on new challenges.
Candidates who also relate to these values are highly encouraged to apply:
- Accountability: Trustworthy and straightforward, you live by your handshake
- Audaciousness: Passionate and bold, you are fearless about speaking up
- Curiosity: You are inquisitive, challenging assumptions and asking “why”
- Get Sh*t Done: The ultimate doer, you are a maker, builder, tinkerer
- Grit: Ambitious and tenacious, you are driven and determined to succeed despite challenges
- Integrity: Honest and ethical, you promote transparency and fairness
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- BS or MS in Civil Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years of infrastructure site development and design experience; PE license is a plus.
- Proficient with Autodesk AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
- Working knowledge of Bentley MicroStation and/or ESRI GIS is a plus.
- Well versed in domestic and international transportation design codes and typical construction practices.
- Experience in the design of civil structures (embankments, retaining walls, abutments, bridges, and/or tunnels).
- Experience with hydraulics and hydrology principles; working knowledge of water resources modeling programs is a plus.
- Experience in construction cost estimation.
- Experience with various forms of project delivery (e.g. design-bid-build, design-build, integrated project delivery).
- Experience with Building Information Modeling (BIM) tools.
- Proficient with MATLAB, and C# or Python.
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.