Business Intelligence Engineer (AWS)
About the Company:
DISQO is a next generation consumer insights platform. We provide the highest quality consumer data to the world's largest market research agencies, analytics companies, and brands. We operate one of the world's largest true consumer insights panels. This data helps our clients understand user behavior, build better experiences, and make better decisions. We utilize cutting-edge technology and innovative, out-of-the-box strategies to collect and analyze insights which help shape the products and services of tomorrow.
This is a great opportunity to join a fun, exciting & highly motivated team and upgrade your skills while creating real impact. We use a modern tech stack and cloud infrastructure. We are not only looking for work experience, but rather the willingness to step up to challenges and the ability to learn quickly.
We believe the best software is written and managed by small teams that know how to make the impossible possible. We use agile software development techniques and modern tools to focus our efforts on solving our business goals. We use JIRA to track everything we do. We deliver early and often. We obsess over our code, architecture and infrastructure. And we believe that these practices lead to higher quality products.
- Collaborate with business, marketing, engineering and product teams to understand business needs to be able to analyze complex data and clearly communicate findings
- Design metrics, reports and dashboards that help the product and marketing teams and all the stakeholders better understand the user journey, monitor business health, and access data insights
- Provide timely, thorough reporting on new product features and releases
- Develop requirements for data-related projects and work with the data team to see projects from start to finish
- Utilize quantitative techniques to test hypotheses and analyze the impact of product updates
- Create advanced SQL queries in MySQL, Postgres and Redshift
- Contribute to the design of internal procedures and partner with engineering to improve data consistency, cleanliness, and ease of use
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of work experience in data analysis with SQL
- Mastery of SQL knowledge with databases such as RedShift, PostgreSQL, and/or MySQL
- Bachelor’s degree
- Aptitude for working with a diverse set of stakeholders and managing competing priorities
- Experience using statistical analysis and modeling techniques such as regression
- Experience with BI tools such as Tableau, Looker, Redash, Superset or Zepellin
- Experience in product analytics
- Experience measuring A/B tests
- Knowledge of Jupyter notebooks a plus
- Knowledge of Spark SQL is a plus