First Resonance is looking for a Python Software Engineer to help disrupt the manufacturing industry. The ideal candidate is someone that is a hustler, go-getter, and is thrilled by the opportunity to build technology and products at an early-stage startup.
The Engineer will work directly with the CEO and other members of the product team to define product roadmaps/timelines and build the product stack. The ideal candidate will also be able to work with customers directly, in certain cases.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, scrappy, detail-oriented, friendly, and has the ability to learn quickly. A strong interest in Industrial IoT, Industry 4.0, and tinkering with hardware and software is preferred.Responsibilities
- Develop well-tested, GraphQL mutations and queries to expose the underlying data model to users.
- Design Postgres tables and corresponding SQLAlchemy models from defined specs.
- Architect and write independent modules to execute code off the request cycle.
- Optimize ORM model code for reusability and efficiency
- Strong Google and StackOverflow skills
- Strong proficiency in Python
- Thorough understanding of Object Relational Mapping libraries, preferably SQLAlchemy
- Proficiency with relational databases, preferably Postgres
- Experience developing user friendly APIs
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with version control via Git/GitHub
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token (JWT)
- Experience with unit testing and integration test frameworks (pytest)
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical execution
- Experience with python data science libraries (pandas, numpy, sklearn)
- Has built production-grade software systems used by others
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and tools
- Experience building enterprise applications
- Experience building manufacturing tools or working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience writing ETL processes
First Resonance accelerates the speed and reliability of hardware development for companies manufacturing the next generation of hardware products. This includes electric airplanes, autonomous vehicles, robotics, and more. We are a group of software, hardware, and manufacturing engineers that are bringing the best of modern UX and data science to an industry that has been overly rigid in its innovation. We are removing the barriers preventing radical advancement by providing tools to manufacturing engineers and operators to move information more freely, collaborate with their teams more easily, and use the power of data to predict problems and provide insights that result in better hardware quality and delivery.