We’re looking for a Backend Software Engineer that is ready to grow their career and make an immediate impact in shaping the way our teams work.
FloQast is a SaaS based company innovating solutions in the task management software and accounting space. We believe that our fresh approach to the accounting close process represents a massive opportunity to dramatically improve the day to day lives of accountants and their teams. Our software helps save countless hours, days, and in some cases weeks of their time while also empowering them to achieve the highest degree of transparency, accuracy, and control of their process.
FloQast is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and we are seeking US Based REMOTE Engineers.
*Visa sponsorship is NOT available at this time
What you’ll do...
- Enable our product teams to work faster You will play a key role in enabling our product teams to work better by building out and enhancing the platform APIs, services, and mechanisms of application development at FloQast.
- Work from discovery to delivery. You care about understanding the concerns of our product teams, work with teammates to define specs, deliver code with automated tests, participate in code reviews, and deliver across the organization.
- Understand the deeper issues. You will be responsible for asking the right questions, considering the deeper layers of the architecture at FloQast, and working with others to help our product teams deliver software.
- Learn and discover new technologies and concepts that help solve problems while growing in a supportive environment. You will have the opportunity to learn and use backend technologies like NodeJS, MongoDB, and the ever-growing AWS ecosystem.
- Communication at all levels. Whether you’re talking to a first year developer or the CTO or outside Engineering, you know how to adjust the conversation to be open and communicative to any person in the company. You believe strongly in listening first as a key tenet to communication, and having clear communication drive the way forward as a remote employee.
We’re looking for someone with...
- A deep understanding of using NodeJS at scale
- Proficiency in cloud computing, with a preference towards AWS infrastructure
- Experience with serverless technologies
- A strong bias for action, while maintaining security and quality
- A focus on the importance of testing and code craftsmanship
- The ability to work on and produce effective solutions with minimal hand holding in a highly collaborative Agile environment
- 3+ years of experience with web technologies in a professional environment
- 2+ years of experience working remotely
Why join FloQast? www.floqast.com
FloQast is a fast growing, Los Angeles-based, early-stage company redefining how a critical business process (financial close) is performed. Our growth and success is fueled by a passion to define and dominate the Close Management Software market. We are the first company of our kind to focus specifically on the mid-market. Our prospects have been hungry for a solution like FloQast for years and the response to our solution has been overwhelmingly positive.
- We are fanatics about the success of our customers. Check us out on G2 Crowd
- What is engineering working on? Our FQ Engineering Blog showcases a number of our recent efforts straight from the engineers working on them. Check it out!
- We are equally fanatic about creating and maintaining a fabulous culture of support and success for all employees.
- We are moving quickly and there is a huge upside opportunity in terms of career growth
- FloQast offers competitive compensation, stock options, full benefits, and a positive and supportive work environment
- Named among Best Places to Work by LA Business Journal in 2017, 2018 and 2019
- Ranked #10 on The SaaS 1000
FloQast, Inc is committed to operating fair and unbiased recruitment procedures allowing all applicants an equal opportunity for employment, free from discrimination on the basis of religion, race, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, color, ethnic or national origin, or any other classification as may be protected by applicable law. We aim to recruit the right people for the jobs we have to offer, and to assess applications on the basis of relevant skills, education, and experience. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to provide a professional and welcoming workplace for all employees.