Backend Engineer at Centerfield
How You'll Contribute...
- You will develop intelligent digital customer facing e-commerce shopping cart experiences.
- You will be building and maintaining internal and external-facing web applications and systems.
- You will interface with business operators, product and project managers as well as other teams within the company to develop new functionality on existing software products and participating in agile software development.
What We're Looking For...
- Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years developing applications using ASP.NET MVC, C#, SQL Server, MySQL and NodeJS.
- Experience building scalable backend Rest APIs
- Experience with MySQL
- Experience with JQuery and React
- Demonstrated experience leading technical projects
- Experience with Service Oriented Architectures and/or MicroServices.
- Experience working in an Agile product development environment
- Basic understanding of software design patterns
- Experience with NoSQL technologies such as Redis and MongoDB
- Experience with messaging technologies such as RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ or Kafka, AWS SQS
- Experience with Git and Jenkins
- Basic understanding of running applications and services in AWS
- Familiarity with monitoring tools like DataDog, NewRelic, or AppDynamics
Life at Centerfield ...
- Competitive salary + quarterly bonus
- Unlimited PTO – take a break when you need it!
- Industry leading medical, dental, and vision plans + generous parental leave
- 401(k) company match plan – fully vested day 1
- Outside patio overlooking Playa Vista + cabanas, fire pits, & working grills
- Monthly happy hours, catered lunches + daily food trucks
- Award winning culture & unprecedented team spirit (featured in LA Business Journal & Built In LA)
- Fully stocked kitchens with drinks & snacks
- Break room fully stocked with games, workout equipment + weekly in-office exercise classes (yoga, kickboxing, & circuit training)
- Free onsite gym + locker rooms
- Paid charity and volunteer days (local mentor programs, adopt a pet, beach cleanup, etc.)
- Monthly team outings (ball games, casino night, hikes, etc.)
- Career growth – we enjoy promoting from within!