Tapcart makes launching a mobile shopping app easy, fun and attainable for every brand.
The world of shopping will one day be powered entirely by mobile, made possible by our products, team and vision.
We are inspired by the future of mobile. We work to inspire that future.
As the market leader in mobile Ecommerce, we focus on providing great experiences for our customers and for mobile shoppers worldwide. Our platform powers the mobile apps of some of the largest shopping brands, including Fashion Nova, Chubbies, The Hundreds and many more.
Tapcart is trusted by over 10,000 brands to launch and manage their mobile apps. We were recently featured at Google I/O, Shopify UNITE and in The Verge.
This role is perfect for an ambitious Backend Engineer who strives to learn both Infrastructure and API Development.
Someone with a solid understanding of API design that spends most of their day organizing data and creating the most efficient schemas.
We are looking for someone who will work to deliver high-quality backend projects. Someone who will earn to work within the Google Cloud Platform and help build the future of the Tapcart platform.
As a Backend Engineer, you’ll be an essential part of our product, growth, and management of a product millions of people use every day. You will work closely with our frontend, QA, and operations teams to build products that scale massively, deploy with ease, and engage millions of end-users.
You’ll be researching and building world-class technology using Node.js, GraphQL, Mongo DB, and advanced analytics tools.
What you need
- At least 2 years of experience as a Backend Software Engineer in a professional organization
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with NoSQL databases (we use Mongo)
- Experience building large-scale applications in a fast-moving team environment
- Experience with Cloud hosting platforms, particularly Google Cloud
- Experience optimizing code for scale and stability
- Experience with logging, monitoring, and testing tools
What you’ll be doing
- Building mobile platform APIs: Our mobile platform is used by thousands of apps to launch and manage their native apps in real-time.
- Helping to build and support CI/CD pipelines
- Helping to assess and expand logging and Metrics platforms such as Google StackDriver and DataDog
- Helping to support API and data development for our web products
- Have experience at a B2B and/or SaaS startup
- Have worked with worker queues with massive workloads
- Have experience with infrastructure, particularly Kubernetes
- Are an avid and active open source contributor
Who we are.
We are a well funded, young and growing startup located in sunny Santa Monica, CA 🏖. Our employees and culture are very important to us and as such, we aim to make coming to work fun, challenging and rewarding for our team. We know that doing great work depends on showing up with creative solutions to face our many business challenges. It all starts with having good people, and helping them grow both personally and professionally. We can't wait to hear how your unique skills and personality will add to our company and culture.
Learn more about who we are and what we offer on our careers page, and check out some of our recent features on Google I/O, Shopify UNITE and in The Verge.
Read Full Job Description