We are looking for a full-time back end engineer with experience building systems with high availability that grow at scale for our SaaS platform.
You’ll work closely with our front end engineers and our product team, with a direct impact in the products you’ll be building. As a small distributed team, we rely heavily on effective communication and autonomy in order to build, iterate, and ship rapidly.
Our philosophy is that you would be teaching us as much as you'd learn from us. By learning and inspiring others, you'll help cultivate an environment that makes us better at what we do each day.
What you'll be doing:
- Contribute to all aspects of the software process: including architecture, specification reviews, automated testing, implementation, code reviews, debugging, and documentation.
- Design, build, test, and maintain scalable APIs, services, and systems within the platform
- Build a smart way to offer new products and services while taking into consideration industry regulations.
- Help with building and maintaining our back-end, CI, and cloud infrastructure.
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years professional experience as a Software Engineer
- Very strong understanding of at least one of the following programming languages: Python, Ruby, Go, or Node
- Experience building and maintaining public-facing RESTful APIs that are designed to be use at scale
- Experience writing maintainable and well-tested, server-side applications
- Self-directed and self-motivated individuals comfortable working with diverse teams
- Excellent English communication skills, verbal and written
- Experience with Python / Django
- Experience with AWS or other cloud services
- Experience with GraphQL
SURE is on a mission to improve every aspect of insurance by reinventing how people interact with insurance. Our e-commerce SaaS and CRM reinvents how people buy insurance, giving carriers and brokers a platform to reach out to customers and provide a hassle-free way to sell and manage insurance policies.
SURE revolutionized insurance in 2015 with the introduction of Episodic Insurance™, making it possible for anyone to purchase on-demand insurance with a smartphone. Today, SURE provides the tools that power global insurance companies and consumer brands to distribute and service any insurance policy digitally. This cohesive ecosystem of managed technology, insurance products, APIs, and Insurance-as-a-Service helps insurance companies and brands manage digital sales, launch new markets, and modernize their systems. Recently, SURE was selected as one of CNBC's Top 100 Startups. SURE has offices in Santa Monica, New York City, and Johannesburg, is licensed in all 50 states, and partners with more than 35 global insurance carriers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For more information, visit https://www.sureapp.com/. Follow @SureHQ on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Employment at SURE is contingent upon a satisfactory verification of criminal, education, driving and/or employment background. Upon an offer of employment, all prospective employees may be required to complete an employment application which includes work history, education details, and criminal history during or after the interview process. Any background verifications will be obtained with written consent from the individual.