Team and Role Overview
Relativity seeks a highly talented electrical engineer to join a rapidly growing space startup. This position will provide outstanding technical support in developing high power, high performance motor controllers for our Terran 1 launch vehicle.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
Our mission is to change the people’s conception of the way rockets are built and flown. As the Avionics Motor Control Engineer, you will have a big role in ensuring the high performance of the actuators and motors on our launch vehicle. This will include the development and qualification the motor controllers used on the launch vehicle.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in electrical engineering or comparable and 5+ years (BS) or 3+ years (MS/PhD) relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience developing high performance, high power (1KW or greater) motor controller from initial requirement capture, through conceptual design, to production and deployment.
- Worked with high voltage (200V+) power systems
- Experience developing avionics for extreme environments
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in cross-functional teams
- Understanding of BLDC (3 phase) motors and their control algorithms
- Schematic Capture and Layout experience
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Prior work on a launch vehicle or aerospace applications
- Experience developing test plans based on SMC-S-016 or comparable
- Experience in a startup or dynamic development environment
- Field-Oriented-Control (FOC) experience a plus
- Linear actuator experience preferred
- Embedded software skill desired
- Altium experience a plus
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.