Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
The Avionics team is responsible for all aspects of the electrical design on the rocket, from electronics, interconnects, associated mechanical design, testing and initial production of the first 3D printed rocket! This team's scope includes the flight computers, power systems, RF systems, PCB design, autonomous flight safety systems, and telemetry. This team works on complex electrical systems that require modularity and flexibility, and are critical to the successful launch of Terran 1 and beyond!
What you’ll do:
Relativity seeks a highly talented Avionics Mechanical Engineer to join a rapidly growing space startup. This position will provide outstanding technical leadership in the development of the Terran 1 avionics enclosure design, as well as structural and thermal analysis to ensure our avionics works on the rocket as intended.
What you need to know:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, electrical, aerospace or related discipline
- 2+ years of experience
- Experience designing enclosures for electronics or small, complicated assemblies
- Structural and thermal analysis abilities (from hand calculations to advanced analysis)
- Experience with 3D CAD software
Nice to haves but not required:
- 5+ years of experience and an advanced degree
- Extensive experience with Creo/ProE
- Experience using Nastran and/or ANSYS
- Experience designing for launch vehicle or for ruggedized environments
- Knowledge of design for Additive Manufacturing
- Experience with geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other teams
- Creative, self-motivated problem solver
- Good communication skills
We believe varied perspectives & backgrounds strengthen our team. Prior experience in aerospace is not required.
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.