Avionics Manager of Hardware Development at Relativity Space
Team and Role Overview
Relativity seeks a highly talented hardware and integration manager to join a rapidly growing space startup. This position will provide outstanding leadership and technical experience for the full life cycle development of our avionics hardware and integration, including our initial development, verification and transition to full rate production.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
Our mission is to change the people’s conception of the way rockets are built and flown. As the Head of the Avionics Hardware and Integration team, you will lead and grow the team responsible for all the electronics, interconnects, associated mechanical design and testing for the Terran-1 launch vehicle. This will include the initial development, verification, production ramp and next generation launch vehicles.
The ideal candidate is someone that is excited to lead and grow the team developing and testing a complex electrical system. This should include a strong desire to roll up their sleeves and jump in as well as to constantly explore new options for future developments. They will have demonstrated leadership with delivering advanced technical systems and compassionate, open leadership. They strive to learn the ins-and-outs of existing processes and apply critical thinking skills to improve our engineering, test and production capabilities. A successful candidate will be communicative, respectful, strive to find compromise, and want to complete the marathon that is launch vehicle development.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- An engineering undergraduate or graduate degree (BS/MS/PhD) in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or comparable, with 3+ years technical and 3+ years management experience.
- Demonstrated ability developing complex and advanced electrical components or systems.
- Experience leading and growing a team of engineers to develop a complex, robust electrical system through the entire life cycle
- Capable of digging into and resolving technical problems at the detailed and system level
- Works well in integrated leadership teams to solve out-of-this-world problems
- Has developed young engineers and the next generation of leadership and shown the ability to handle complex teams
- Experience developing org chart, budgets and schedules as needed
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- 5+ years technical or 5+ years management experience
- Prior work on a launch vehicle or spacecraft
- Experience in a startup or agile development environment with rapid growth
- Experience developing and verifying electrical systems to industry standards
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.