Avionics Integration Test Engineer
Greater LA Area
Team and Role Overview:
Relativity seeks a highly talented Avionics Integration Test Engineer to join a rapidly growing space startup. This position will provide outstanding technical engineering in the integration, bring-up and test of Terran-1 Launch Vehicle, as well as test and launch facilities.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives:
Our mission is to change the people’s conception of the way rockets are built and flown. As the Avionics Integration Test Engineer, you will have a heavy hand ensuring that as we are bringing up our test facilities, launch facilities and our launch vehicle, we have the tools to make sure things are done right. You will personally develop the bring-up software, test fixtures and tooling, develop test harnesses as well helping with the development of our Hardware in the Loop system.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- An undergraduate or graduate degree (BS/MS/PhD) in engineering and 2+ years relevant experience.
- Experience with the bring-up and integration large scale systems (e.g. car, plane, launch vehicle or satellite)
- Knowledge of scripting and software development to support bring-up (e.g. python, LabView, C / C++) with associated troubleshooting skills
- Experience developing test fixtures and tools to support integration activities
- Developed harnessing to support test activities
- Willingness to travel to our test facilities at the Stennis Space Center and launch sites at Vandenberg and Cape Canaveral
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Prior work on a launch vehicle
- Experience in a startup or agile development environment
- Experience in the design, buildup and bringup of a Hardware in the Loop system
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
Read Full Job Description