Avionics Harnessing Technician at Relativity Space
Team and Role Overview:
Relativity seeks a highly talented harnessing technician to join a rapidly growing space startup. Responsibilities will include manufacturing and performing quality checks on development, test, ground infrastructure, and flight harnesses.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives:
Our mission is to change the people’s conception of the way rockets are built and flown. As the Avionics Harnessing Technician, your role will be to support cable construction needs for numerous critical test articles, as well as constructing electrical connections for the Terran 1 flight vehicle. Harnesses will also need to be constructed for use at various test and launch sites across the country. You will also be responsible for providing feedback and communicating with engineering to prevent issues and improve the harnessing construction process.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies:
In order to be successful in this role, you should have the following:
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- 2+ years of experience as a harness technician working on application critical, high-complexity harnesses
- Previously certification in an industry harness assembly standard
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs unassisted
- Must be able to distinguish colors
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Prior work experience in the aerospace industry
- Experience in a fast paced environment
- Good communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- Able to work from both very detailed, released manufacturing drawings as well as “paper napkin” development harnesses
- Electrical Component Soldering
- Mechanical Enclosure Assembly
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.