Team and Role Overview
Relativity seeks a highly talented mechanical or electrical engineer to join a rapidly growing space startup. This position will provide outstanding technical support in developing high voltage battery for our Terran 1 launch vehicle.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
Our mission is to change the people’s conception of the way rockets are built and flown. As the Avionics Battery Engineer, you will be responsible for the high voltage battery on our launch vehicle. This will include the development, qualification and manufacturing of the high voltage battery used on the launch vehicle.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in either mechanical or electrical engineering (or related engineering field) and 5+ years of experience with a BS or 3+ years of experience and an MS or PhD.
- Experience with multi-cell lithium-ion batteries, their failure modes, and mitigating fault propagations between cells
- Experience with electrical, thermal and / or mechanical loads analysis
- Experience in designing products for launch vehicles, aerospace systems, automotive or other industries requiring high reliability designs
- Experience with mechanical or electrical CAD
- Understanding of electronics packaging design
- Familiarity with methods of battery manufacturing and assembly
- Experience with developing manufacturing and supplier relationships for low volume manufacturing
- Experience taking batteries through a full test program
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Specific experience in launch vehicle applications a plus
- Experience with Altium
- Familiarity with firmware and Battery Management Systems
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.