Automation Controls Electrical Engineer
The Automation Team serves to support the development, manufacturing, and installation of hyperloop systems globally. The team specifies, designs, procures, and fabricates a wide variety of automated manufacturing and assembly/installation equipment. The Electrical Engineer is an integral member of the Automation Team who provides expertise and capability in electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic design to enable the success of departmental projects.
The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for owning the electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic aspects of various automation and machine control projects. These may vary from small R&D tasks to large scale production equipment. The Electrical Engineer will work with internal customers to define the needs and specifications for their projects. These projects will generally be interdisciplinary, and the engineer will work with other members of the Automation Team (software, mechanical, and applications engineers) to deliver an integrated and functional solution.
- Developing, testing, installing, and integrating electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic solutions related to high speed custom automation, machine vision, feedback systems, and robotics.
- Working with internal customers to define functional and safety requirements
- Working with interdisciplinary teams on mechanical and software integration
- Working with electrical contractors and 3rd party integrators to deliver fully integrated solutions.
- Debugging and optimizing automated processes.
- Auditing internal and 3rd party equipment for electrical design compliance
- Creating interconnection diagrams/spreadsheets for field technicians.
- Supporting equipment deployment at Hyperloop One facilities and vendor facilities as needed
The candidate must be an experienced engineer with demonstrated talent and capability in electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic system design. He or she must be able to show a track record of successful industrial machine controls and automation design and implementation. He or she must be an excellent communicator, and thrive in a high-energy, quick-moving, and interdisciplinary workplace.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Have an excellent understanding of NFPA-79, ISO-13849, UL508A and OSHA standards.
- Have experience designing professional schematics (electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic) in AutoCAD electrical.
- Have experience with Allen Bradley and Siemens PLC’s.
- Have experience with Servo’s, VFD’s and motion controls.
- Have excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Proficiency with process integration and electromechanical systems.
- Have experience with a wide variety of industrial sensors and production equipment
- BS in electrical engineering.
- 5+ years of experience as a hands-on controls engineer, designing industrial controls equipment.
- Have experience with industrial robots. (Fanuc, Kuka, Motoman)
- Experience with vision systems. (Cognex, Keyence)
- Have experience with safety PLC’s
- Is proficient in ladder logic.
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.