Metropolis is an AI and computer vision start-up building the technological and real estate infrastructure to facilitate the future of mobility.
This is your opportunity to join early and build something remarkable at the intersection of technology, mobility, and real estate. We are reimagining the parking experience today but developing an ecosystem to support all forms of mobility tomorrow; and if you have a passion for transforming the urban landscape to more intelligently facilitate EV charging, last mile transport, autonomous vehicles, and even electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL), please consider joining us.
The Company is led by an experienced executive team with diverse backgrounds, including a successful LA-based tech founder, a technical leader from eHarmony and DogVacay, and senior professionals from major global financial services firms and the world's leading mobility companies; our first-class engineering talent joins us from Facebook, Palantir, Bird, Factual, Honey, Canoo, and others.
We approach life with wonder and curiosity. We’re inventors, skeptics and, at times, have been called crazy. We challenge one another with passion, from principle and with respect. But above all, we are relentless in our drive to build a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive culture.
The machine learning team is looking for an Application Systems Engineer to develop, test and document inference engine. The applicant will work closely with the rest of machine learning team to design and implement learning algorithms, optimize the real-time performance and manage the update images. Reporting to the Director of Machine Learning, you will be responsible for the real-time optimization of our inference engine.
When you join Metropolis, you’ll join a team of world-class product leaders and engineers, building an ecosystem of technologies at the intersection of parking, mobility, and real estate. Our goal is to build an inclusive culture where everyone has a voice and the best idea wins. You will play a key role in building and maintaining this culture as our organization grows.
- Deliver high-quality C++ code in a real-time embedded environment
- Design software architecture and feature development, debugging and code optimization
- Manage over-the-air update images
Requirements and Qualifications
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or the equivalent in experience with evidence of exceptional ability
- 7+ years experience in modern software design, development, version control, refactoring, and testing
- 5+ years of experience in embedded development in robotics, real-time control systems
- Proficient in C++ and a strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Experience with OpenCV, Nvidia CUDA, CUDNN, TensorRT
- Experience with machine learning, computer vision deployment projects
- Ability to collaborate and communicate complex technical concepts
- 2+ years experience on deep learning framework, TensorFlow/PyTorch/MxNet
- 1+ year experience with distributed/scalable systems infrastructure to operate algorithms as a software product
- Experience with ARM Cortex series microcontroller
- Familiar with high-availability software principles
- Excited about working in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment.
- Attractive compensation and generous benefits package (100% Medical, 50% Vision and 50% Dental)
- Company 401(k) match up to 6% of salary
- Paid company snacks and after-hour meals
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Gym reimbursement program
- 529 savings plan
- Commuter benefits