Los Angeles, CA, US, 90069
Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Overview & Responsibilities:
With aggressive goals that include the expansion of our US Operations and a dedication to Internationalization and Interplanetary entertainment, we are growing our Architecture Team to scale for the incredible road ahead. As a Product Architect for Application Integration you will help the Architecture team, Product team and the Application development teams deliver their projects to production.
If you have a passion for building great products, enjoy the art of collaboration, and have the ability to drive decisions that lead to highly reliable complex systems, we want to talk to you. This role reports to the SVP of Product Architecture.
- Collaborating with Pluto TV’s Product, Application and back end services teams.
- Propose and influence server API designs.
- Collaborate with Consumer Product Managers on ideation, documenting technical requirements for software development teams
- Using existing available tools and propose new tools to review application performances on different devices and pre-empt problems
- Designing algorithms to common processes so that the algorithms can be implemented across all our supported platforms.
- Managing forward-looking projects that can span multiple engineering organizations
- Influencing architectural decisions based on product requirements, industry trends and emerging technologies
- Researching and proposing 3rd party client application frameworks and libraries.
- Developing and maintaining a healthy, working relationship with the cross-functional teams across Content services, Core services, Applications, Analytics and Video Playout services.
- Collaborate with the Application development teams to contribute with production-ready code on multiple platforms.
- 5+ years experience developing software on at least two of the following platforms: iOS, Android, Roku, HTML; experience building applications for the entertainment or digital media industry is a plus.
- 5 + years experience working with server API teams to influence API design decisions.
- Shipped at least 2 products to production on different platforms
- Working knowledge of cross-platform frameworks such as PhoneGap/Cordova, Appcelerator and React Native
- Monitoring; working knowledge of at least one of Crashlytics, Loggly, Splunk or similar
- Passion for Product Process and Innovation: Passionate about being involved throughout the entire life cycle, from product initiation to delivery, and sponsor continued innovation that empowers our team to deliver the best content experience in the industry.
- Strong documentation skills: ability to build compelling, detail-oriented documentation that sets up the engineering teams for success.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.viacomcbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to [email protected] Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.