Who we are:
We are the fitness company born from gaming. And we’re on a mission to make more people, more active, more often. We make an at home training game that connects cyclists and runners with each other around the world. Launched from the sunny beaches of Long Beach, CA., the Zwift community is active in 195 countries and growing. We’re endlessly positive, relentlessly inventive, and always looking to improve. Sound interesting?
Who we're seeking:
We are looking for an Android developer to help develop and maintain our Zwift Companion app (https://apps.apple.com/us/app/zwift-companion/id934083691). Your primary focus will be on its development and integration with back-end services and our game application. You will work with other engineers on different layers of the infrastructure.
What you'll do:
- Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Design, build, and maintain high-performance, reusable, and reliable Java code
What we're looking for:
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Familiarity with Bluetooth coding
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Proficient understanding of Git
- Familiarity with Java annotation and frameworks such as Butter Knife, Retrofit, Dagger 2, RXJava
- Familiarity with integrating native C code via JNI
- Ability to think as a user and identify UX issues
Top 5 Reasons We Think You'll Love It Here:
- Great Employee Fitness Program
- Amazing office location on the 18th floor with a beautiful view
- Full benefits package
- Awesome team of diverse individuals that love what they do
- Did we mention that we ride bikes and run at work?
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.