Agile MBSE Engineer at The Aerospace Corporation
In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
The Aerospace Corporation is looking for experienced software system engineers and software acquisition experts to join our growing Software Systems and Acquisition Department. Our national security space customers need your help to acquire cutting-edge software capabilities to adapt to the evolving technology landscape!
Successful candidates will assist customers with these types of engineering functions:
- Providing expertise in Agile Architecting approaches (such as Model-Based Systems and Software Engineering (MBSE), Enterprise Architecture (EA)) and assisting customers in applying these techniques toward mission success.
- Applying skills and adaptability in various areas including, but not limited to, model-driven development; software systems architecture and design; software architecture evaluation; enterprise systems; digital engineering and/or other related areas.
- Supporting acquisition of software-reliant systems to include development of acquisition strategies, creation of concepts of operation, creation of request for proposal packages, and participation in source selections
- Providing software systems engineering expertise to support effective management of large, software-reliant programs from pre-acquisition planning through source selection, design reviews, and integration and test
- Participating in engineering studies such as software requirements development and flow; verification, and validation; readiness reviews; risk management; technology planning and insertion; performance assessments; and/or market research
- Supporting development of Agile enterprise software strategies and architectures
- Supporting rapid iterative and incremental software development approaches (such as Agile, Scrum, Scaled Agile Framework, Lean Software Development, and DevSecOps)
- Researching challenge problems, testing hypotheses, prototyping new approaches, and/or proving concepts
- Preparing technical reports and presentations to disseminate findings, guidance, and technical information to a wide audience
This position is located in El Segundo, CA. Local and/or overnight travel to other sites is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or closely related technical discipline
- 8 or more years of significant experience in the development of complex, software-reliant systems
- 3 or more years hands-on experience in MBSE, enterprise architecture, software architecture and design and software development
- Demonstrated experience in at least two of the following: software architecture and design, MBSE, enterprise architecture, and/or, digital engineering
- Demonstrated high levels of innovation, creativity, and initiative
- Familiarity with SysML, UML, and/or DoDAF
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous tasks and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals and groups
- Active or recent Secret clearance with ability to obtain and maintain TS/SSBI and SCI access
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or closely related technical discipline
- Demonstrated experience working toward the acquisition of software-reliant systems (as an acquirer or a supplier)
- Demonstrated experience on critical, large scale, large team software-reliant systems for space
- Demonstrated knowledge of the space enterprise
- Demonstrated knowledge of government acquisition processes
- Training and/or current certification in MBSE with corresponding experience