Additive Manufacturing Quality Engineer at Relativity Space
Team and Role Overview
The Quality Engineer will be responsible for defining the process and systems used to assure high quality of Powder Based Additive Manufactured hardware. You will be responsible for architecting how we do quality and reliability at Relativity—from developing our initial vendor control plans, part and process qualification procedures, in-process inspection definition and facility control. You will have the opportunity to set the tone for Quality at Relativity by defining the processes, and establishing interdepartmental relationships needed to accomplish this goal across the entire company. The Quality Engineer will play a critical role in both the introduction and scaling of Relativity’s launch vehicle production. This is a unique opportunity to define Quality for an entirely new production process of additive manufacturing. We are seeking a highly-motivated individual to lead the front on producing the industry’s highest quality 3D-printed parts.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
- Define the Powder Additive team’s quality management systems (QMS). Lay the foundation for how production equipment/processes become qualified and how hardware is screened and processed. Ownership will include the following:
- Develop the qualification framework for new production machines, processes, and flight hardware leveraging a combination of industry standards and Relativity Space philosophies.
- Create the systems required to track & resolve non-conformance, root cause and corrective actions, and containments for additively manufactured launch vehicle hardware.
- Implement the in-process and final quality verification processes for additively manufactured hardware.
- Develop strong working relationships with Engineering, Additive, Production, and Launch teams to ensure all company objectives can be met.
- Accountable for both the strategic and tactical vision for Quality within our department. Architect our team’s Quality roadmap and execute on defined deliverables.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering.
- Experience building and/or testing hardware in a manufacturing environment, preferably in a quality function.
- Experience interfacing with design engineering, manufacturing, and production personnel.
- Knowledge of configuration management, manufacturing methods, and process quality controls.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Experience developing a new or evolving quality management system (QMS) in a manufacturing environment.
- New product introduction of an aerospace hardware system into a manufacturing, test, and production system with proven success.
- Well-versed in process development and first-time quality efforts.
- Highly organized and able to provide structure and direction to the previously undefined.
- Self-starter that has demonstrated the ability to define and own a process from scratch and roll out that process through adept communication to a diverse team.
- Self-aware and able to influence others outside of your organization.
- Working knowledge of typical manufacturing execution systems and quality management systems.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.