Team and Role Overview:
Relativity is looking for an Additive Manufacturing NDT Engineer with a strong background in welding to join the multifaceted Additive Manufacturing team comprised of software, automation, computer vision, and weld engineers. Your main objective will be to develop the core methods for inspecting our 3D printed structures using Non-Destructive-Testing (NDT) techniques. You will help inform and drive our additive process by characterizing non-conformances and driving the overall inspection and acceptance of our large printed structures.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives:
- Work with design, weld, and automation engineers to bring parts from design to production.
- Identifying, address, and resolving current and potential future additive issues.
- Develop technical inspection plans and procedures for NDT and geometric inspection of our large scale 3D printed structures
- Provide feedback to design engineers in manufacturing review
- Identify root cause of failures and implement counter measures in the production floor to continuously improve the manufacturing process.
- Perform quality planning utilizing FMEA and Control Plan tools.
- Develop product and process inspection plans for print monitoring.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies:
In order to be successful in this role, you should have one of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or physical science with 3+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong attention to detail with follow through and ability to clearly present and report detailed/complex information
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Experience with digital radiographic testing (RT) inspection methods
- Experience with using weld processes for additive manufacturing
- Experience with welding processes and their integration in robotic cells
- Understanding of basic metallurgy of aluminum alloys.
- Geometric/dimensional inspection with CMM, laser trackers, or laser scanners
- Knowledge of relevant aerospace manufacturing and welding specifications, such as AWS D17.1 and other applicable standard welding specifications
- Highly self-motivated and able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.