Looking for an innovative, creative, passionate, and fun company in OC. Then let us introduce ourselves. We are MobilityWare and we make fun for a living and do it better than most! Our mobile games have been rocking the app store since its inception and we regularly show up in those top two/top five/top ten lists for most popular games. We recently reached over 350 million downloads, which is almost the entire American population!
We were voted 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018 Best Places to Work in Orange County by the Orange County Business Journal and OC Register! Headquartered in Irvine, CA. Our flagship game, Solitaire, was released on the day the App Store opened in 2008. Other titles include Blackjack, Freecell, Match & Rescue, Destination Solitaire and Spider Solitaire. Our vision is to create most exciting game apps and have fun doing. MobilityWare has over 175 employees as of May 2018.
What's The Gig
As the Ad Operations Solutions Engineer you will support the AdOps team with in depth analyses related to the launch, maintenance and growth of integrated advertising partners. In your work, you will surface ideas for creating better tools and services to drive additional efficiency in our ad stack. Your attention to detail will help troubleshoot issues with multiple ad types, confirm that ad call responses are as expected and directly influence how ad dollars are spent on our inventory. Basic understanding of technologies related to advertising are a must as you will interface with both product and engineering teams. Strong communication skills will ensure knowledge-sharing and cooperation between onshore and offshore teams. You’ll be responsible for monitoring dashboards, surfacing potential opportunities for growth as well as finding and resolving problems quickly. As part of a data-driven team, ad hoc analyses for both internal and external stakeholders will be required. In addition to the ad tech team, you will work closely with the BI team, Monetization and Ad Tech teams to drive growth.
What you’ll be doing:
- Closely monitor the reporting KPIs for all live partners to surface any issues and/or data discrepancies
- Help identify the root cause for poor performing creative, low fill rate or other potential revenue-harming incidents
- Act as lead QA on direct campaign creatives, cross promotion efforts and private marketplace deals
- Debug playable ads, validate all creative sepcs are adhered to; support campaign set up and validate key metrics (including campaign fulfillment) at launch
- Work as a key member of the ad team as the responsible party for post-release validation on features including impact to live integrations.
- Work closely with the monetization team on continuous forecasting of expected ROI on features released ensuring that the potential benefit is realized
- Work with the BI team to check reporting API against internal summaries. Document reporting APIs for various partners, reporting any discrepancies to the PM and Eng team
- Stay up-to-date on current and upcoming innovations and capabilities in mobile advertising with specific regard to real time bidding
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Advanced degree (or equivalent) in a field such as Computer Science or Math
- 3+ Years Work Experience in Digital Advertising (mobile advertising strongly preferred)
- Basic understanding of log parsing, device logs, API response codes and other technologies related to advertising required (ie Charles Log/Fiddler)
- A solid understanding of real time bidding is a plus
- Familiarity with various SSPs, DSPs, ad networks and the market landscape
- Comfortable analyzing data and methodical approach to troubleshooting issues. Able to effectively translate findings to variety of stakeholders.
- Software development background highly desired
- Ability to work productively with others in a highly collaborative manner
Why you should work for us:
- Awesome Perks: free lunch, free snacks, free soda, free coffee, free trip, free dental, free vision
- Casually awesome workplace - yes, flip flops and shorts are pretty much an everyday thing
- Growth, growth, growth - we are growing and we would love for you to join us on the ride
- We also want to take care of our team so we've got profit sharing incentives, medical, dental (100% paid), vision (100% paid), Unlimited PTO/Vacation, life insurance (100% paid), and 401K
- Awesome office smack dab in the middle of OC and 2 minutes off the 5 freeway
- Amazing talent: We've got some heavy hitters from the industry who embody both brilliance AND humility