Director of Embedded Compute
The Director of Embedded Compute will be part of the Software Engineering Function. This team works closely with the Software Architecture team and the Embedded Software team to develop, deliver and maintain multiple hardware platforms to ensure the implementation of safety critical systems, as well as comfort and convenience systems.
Ultimately, we will design reliable, scalable, real-time (or near-real time) applications that make Hyperloop One a reality. We are seeking candidates with various levels of experience to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at our Los Angeles facility.
- Develop, implement, and optimize the embedded hardware development processes.
- Lead the creation of multiple hardware platforms, including working with outside vendors.
- Support the integration of the hardware with embedded software solutions.
- Ensure environmentally appropriate, EMI compliant ECUs; connected with validated physical networks.
- Lead, grow, and maintain a team of engineers.
- Keep a customer focused mindset, prioritizing developer productivity and application uptime.
- Champion processes and procedures across the organization.
- Communicate, present, and defend opinions concerning physical and logical architecture in a productive and diplomatic fashion.
- Help maintain both agile and waterfall environments with safety critical and safety related systems.
- Experience managing teams to create embedded hardware with advanced ARM or x86 processors.
- Experience with multiple embedded networks.
- Experience in delivering connected mobility systems with embedded hardware.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language and visuals.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Experienced in a people management position.
- Experienced as a leader in embedded hardware.
- Proven industry experience building and maintaining hardware systems.
- Experience of embedded control networks for transportation
- Understanding of performance tools, metrics and benchmarks.
- BS or MS Degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or equivalent field.
- Experienced in delivering automotive or aerospace embedded hardware.
- Experience with agile methodologies.
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation.