VP, Product Design at Slickdeals
As the VP of Product Design at Slickdeals, you will help our community of shoppers find the best products, at the best merchants, at the lowest prices every time they shop. You will lead the design system that guides our brand, visual, and product identity. You will lead product designers across the spectrum of research, prototyping, interface design, user testing, and iterative product releases. You will multiply the talents of individual team members through thoughtful critiques and regular design reviews. The ideal candidate for this position is adept at high-level, systems thinking, both in terms of products and people. You obsess over the details that take a product from good to exceptional. If you care deeply about design leadership and developing talent then Slickdeals has an amazing opportunity for you.
- Create a roadmap for the future of the Slickdeals brand and visual language.
- Focus relentlessly on solving problems for our shoppers and merchants.
- Spearhead new creative and strategic thinking.
- Draw from a broad methodological toolkit.
- Lead strategic projects that impact multiple product teams and focus the efforts of the product design team on what matters most based on larger business objectives.
- Establish a philosophy and mindset for how the product design team approaches its work.
- Mentor and raise the performance of the product design team.
- Foster an environment of feedback and continual improvement through design reviews and thoughtful critique.
- Set the tone and shape the culture of the product design team while evangelizing design across the organization.
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative data to support design decisions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- You love framing and solving hard problems.
- A thought leader in your field.
- Adamant about ensuring design quality while fulfilling business objectives and goals.
- Extensive portfolio of excellent design work, showcasing your proven track record of shipping successful, polished products.
- A strong point of view on how to build a great product design team.
- Proven experience managing a high-functioning product design team.
- Opportunity seeking and creating.
- Familiarity with multivariate testing and analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written business communication skills.
- Highly self-directed and self-motivated.
- Demonstrated improvement on KPIs via product releases.
- Experience building and leading a product design team.
- Experience establishing a design system.
- Experience designing e-commerce and community products is strongly desired.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with strong technical abilities.
- Understanding of project management methodologies; Agile, Lean, Scrum.
- Comfortable communicating design concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience using project delivery software and ticketing systems such as JIRA.
- Experience using insights, reporting, and analytics tools like Google Analytics, Amplitude, Tableau, and Hotjar.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
Slickdeals is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Slickdeals will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the "Ban the Box" legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application.
Slickdeals does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and is not responsible for related fees.