Why work at Grindr?
Since 2009, Grindr has built the world’s largest social network for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. Now more than just an app, we’re a family of lifestyle brands with the shared mission to connect LGBTQ people with the world around them:
- Grindr – The location-based social app that started it all. Over 3 million people use Grindr daily, from every country on the planet.
- INTO – A digital magazine dedicated to queer perspectives: news, culture, commentary, video, and more.
- Grindr for Equality (G4E) – Our social mission to promote justice, health, and safety for LGBTQ individuals around the globe.
- Gaymoji – A one-of-a-kind collection of over 500+ stickers available on iOS, Android, and in the Grindr app.
- Slumbr – An event series for the high-minded partygoer, combining fashion, music, and art.
Behind the brands, Grindr is an inclusive and passionate family of thinkers, innovators, leaders, and most importantly, doers. We’re fueled by endless curiosity, constant collaboration, and a knack for crossing every finish line – all within an agile growth environment. We also enjoy tons of perks, great social events, and stunning views from our HQ in West Hollywood.
Grindr is seeking a Visual Editor to help build a relationship with our global community and play a key role in the production of our lifestyle photo and video content. This role works closely with the rest of the Marketing team and reports into the Editor-in-Chief. With a primary focus on expanding our social and lifestyle credibility through strategic, innovative, creative and own-able brand engagement through social media, our online content portal and in-app engagements. Through creating compelling editorial and video content driven initiatives, you will be a key player in influencing the acquisition and engagement of our customers, as well as align and elevate overall brand awareness.
- Create awareness of and interaction with the INTO brand through strategic and engaging content
- Strategize and produce social engagement opportunities through events, partnerships and commissioned works
- Identify, engage, and help create user-generated content for the brand’s channels, globally
- Manage photography, video productions as well as post-production, when required
- Oversee and manage editorial, entertainment and celebrity product placement
- Build strong contacts within the media and entertainment industries: fashion/style editors, global creators, publicists, agents, managers, etc.
- Identify and develop business cases to test new channels and opportunities
- Work from program schedules and status to manage time and prioritize staff, time, money and ROI
- Work with social media team on sharing content and engaging with influencers on projects
- Help with all INTO events and real-life activities.
- Conduct weekly interviews with artists/influencers and creators for content on INTO.
- Organize regular meetings with creators, managers and talent and the INTO team.
- Manage all in-house imagery used across INTO/GRINDR this includes decks, adverts, digital and billboards and printed media.
- 4+ years of shooting and editing experience
- 3+ years in making videos for digital platforms
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with web standards, codecs, and creating content for vertically formatted platforms a must
- Experience managing creators, teams, and large-scale projects
- Experience in working in producing branded content
- Ability to competently and artfully light a black box studio
- Able to quickly edit videos on a daily basis with Premiere Pro
- Can shoot on Sony and Canon cameras
- Experience in reporting is a plus
- Expertise in LGBTQ community issues and content areas
Benefits & Perks
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous parental leave
- Unlimited sick policy
- Competitive Salaries
- Catered lunch, every day
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
** APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT PORTFOLIO WITH RESUME FOR CONSIDERATION**
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.