UX/UI Product Designer at Edmunds
At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
We’re looking for someone who can design across devices/platforms and rise to the challengeof creating clean, intuitive interfaces for complex tasks – an innovator who can help delivertransformative solutions. The right candidate will be conversant with the entire UX processincluding discovery, research, ideation, strategy, prototyping, and production design.
What You’ll Do:
As a Mid-Level UX/UI Product Designer you will collaborate closely with product managers throughout the product development cycle to create innovative new products and thoughtful solutions to existing ones. You will work closely with Analytics and UX Researchers to strategize user research and plan strategies to deepen our understanding of our users and their needs. You will design clean, functional and beautiful UI, and lead our team in reviews and share-outs.
- Develop design concepts, wireframes, prototypes, usage scenarios, task analysis, specifications, and other UX / UI design deliverables.
- Take a systematic approach to create clean, functional and beautiful UI.
- Understand the target users’ needs, motivations, and behaviors as it relates to a specific project or area.
- Participate in the product definition process with your team and drive the clarification of the users’ tasks and objectives.
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design challenges.
- Evangelize a deep empathy and curiosity for the needs of our customers through data driven discovery and design
- Articulate user experience design issues effectively. Present and justify design thinking and rationale through key milestone deliverables to peers and stakeholders.
- Contribute to the product roadmap by articulating, and estimating the level of effort and complexity of a project or feature.
- Partner with User Research to craft user-testing prototypes.
- Utilize Usability testing or A/B testing to present and validate design solutions.
What You Need:
- Minimum 3+ years of UX/UI design for consumer-facing products (web, mobile,responsive design, and native mobil
- Degree in Design, Art, New Media, HCI, Human Factors, Information Design, or related field.
- Must be a self-starter and a strong desire for continuous learning.
- Portfolio of work demonstrating interaction design including both UI and UX artifacts.
- Experience in UX/UI design for responsive based websites and mobile experiences is strongly preferred
- Expertise in designing clean, intuitive and innovative user interfaces
- Knowledge of current UX best practices and design processes
- Deep analytical, information architecture, and usability testing skills
- Experience driving user research and usability testing, and turning the output into data that can drive design decisions
- Expertise in the tools of the trade: Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Invision, Abstract, etc.
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS is preferred but not required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with different audiences, including senior leadership
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.