WHO WE ARE
Golden Hippo is a young, growing direct to consumer digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most - our customers. Our e-commerce platform enables us to do so powered by incredible tech talent. We're growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010. If you're passionate about cutting edge marketing and technology, design, copywriting, video editing, and the operations behind all this, we want to hear from you. And if you are results driven, ambitious, a creative problem-solver, have a positive energy, collaborative and team oriented, and a continuous learner we might just be the perfect place for you!
Golden Hippo is currently looking for a UX Designer/WordPress Producer with strong WordPress production skills. You will report to the Creative/UX Director as a member of the design team and be the bridge between our visual designers and our in-house development team. You will be part of the entire UX design process translating brands into digital online assets, wireframes, and website prototypes. With that, you will be responsible for front-end production in WordPress and coordinating with back-end e-commerce developers. In effect, you will be the primary owner of nearly 20 high-performing direct-to-consumer e-commerce websites and contribute to all visual and interaction design aspects for all desktop, tablet, and mobile platforms. Further, you will help us conduct and implement A/B split tests, usability tests, and general user research using such tools as Convert.com and Userlytics.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH US
Here at Golden Hippo we work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We pride ourselves in our incredibly diverse workforce. We intentionally strive to cultivate, create, and celebrate a rich, vibrant and inclusive culture of belonging where our employees feel respected and empowered. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life...)
- Matching 401K plan
- Company Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- In-office CrossFit gym with professional coaches
- Yoga and meditation breaks
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere and an open, inspiring office space
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities such as manager and employee development classes, book clubs, webinars, mentorship program, Hippo Talks, and much more.
- Regular celebrations and happy hours
- Highly interactive work with a talented, diverse, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
See what it’s like working at Golden Hippo!
WHAT YOUR DAY WILL LOOK LIKE
- Work closely with designers, media buyers, brand managers, and engineers to define interface and user requirements
- Analyze, map, and optimize user flow on branded e-commerce websites
- Own features and experiences from initial concept through testing and launch
- Develop new approaches to complex interface and UX problems, and convey these designs in the form of prototypes, and final Sketch files and inVision assets
- Design and prototype innovative and visually stunning interfaces
- A/B test various design ideas using Convert.com
- Work with Creative/UX Director and/or a UX researcher to conduct usability tests, process observations, and implement recommendations
- Produce pages and functionality in the WordPress environment
- Coordinate efforts with backend developers for e-commerce functionality and data reporting
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- 7+ years of UX design experience designing interfaces for mobile and desktop
- 5+ years of experiencing building and maintaining WordPress websites with various plugins
- 5+ years of web graphics production experience
- UX Design-specific instruction, i.e., UCLA Extension, General Assembly, etc. is preferred
- Experience designing high fidelity graphic assets in Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, InVision, etc.
- Ability to design and prototype UI for mobile first
- Eye for design and UX consistency across desktop and mobile
- A great attitude, collaborative spirit and openness to giving and receiving feedback
- Outstanding communication skills
- Experience with A/B Test, lead capture and landing pages is a HUGE plus
- Outstanding Visual Design portfolio
- Knowledge of DIVI framework a major plus
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.
Golden Hippo Company Culture Highlights:
Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company in Los Angeles 2021
Winner of Comparably’s Award for Best Teams - Marketing 2021
Winner of Comparably’s Award for Best Company - Leadership 2020
Winner of Built In LA’s Best Places to Work - Perks & Benefits 2020 & 2021
Golden Hippo is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Work Culture on Comparably.
Check us out on Comparably!
Equal Employment Opportunity
Golden Hippo strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, for applicants in Los Angeles, California, and consistent with applicable laws in other areas.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Golden Hippo recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Golden Hippo may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.