Grindr is looking for a passionate and inquisitive User Researcher to join this dynamic Product team. Working under the leadership of the Lead Designer, you will develop and execute a continuous User Research program. Our user base is diverse, complex and loyal and they make this role unlike any other researcher position in the world. We are looking for someone with an open and analytical mind to seek out users' experiences and use them to help shape the product and the queer global community we serve.
- Work to build our first User Research function to understand our users better through structured research, thoughtful analysis, and delivery of meaningful, and actionable findings
- Collaborate with PMs and Designers to design research initiatives that provide strategic insights, test team assumptions and validate product concepts
- Plan and conduct practical and impactful research, utilizing methods such as surveys, interviews, usability studies, diary studies, ethnographic observation, or a new method you invent
- Partner with our data analysts to provide qualitative context for their quantitative insights
- Communicate findings to the product team and also more broadly across the company
- 3-5 years experience as a digital user researcher, ideally with experience in consumer insights
- Must have experience collaborating with designers, product managers, marketers and data scientists or analysts
- Experience with planning and conducting various methods of user research i.e. surveys, interviews, usability studies, diary studies, and ethnographic observation
- Be a data-driven professional and champion research data insights throughout the organization
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly collaborative. Builds trust & strong relationships at all levels, pushes back when appropriate. Earns respect and respects contributions of others
- Experience as an interaction designer, visual designer or other related UX role
- Experience with SQL, data analysis
- Research experience involving the queer community
Why work for Grindr?
Grindr is among the highest grossing apps in the iOS App Store and boasts some of the most engaged users across all social networking apps. We offer a fun, constantly evolving, startup environment that enables and rewards innovation, teamwork, and diligence.
Situated right in the heart of West Hollywood, we're the No. 1 location-based mobile social app on the market, and we cater to a massive user base of 4 million daily active users in every country in the world. Since our inception in 2009, we've been dedicated to finding new and better ways to connect people using mobile technology.
Benefits & Perks
- 100% covered medical and dental insurance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Flexible Time Off
- Competitive Salaries
- 401(k) Matching
- Catered daily lunch
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.