User Research Coordinator (Temp/Part-Time) at Grindr
User Research Coordinator (Temp/Part-Time)
Grindr has an opportunity for an ambitious and creative individual to join our organization as a User Research Coordinator with the Product team. This position will be part of Grindr’s “Future Voices” program.
More on Future Voices
This is a unique and exciting program started to provide highly motivated and aspiring candidates with diverse backgrounds an opportunity to gain job experience. The program’s main purpose is to provide participants - those with limited professional experience - training and support for their professional development and success. The paid, part-time program lasts up to 12 weeks
The User Research Coordinator can expect
- Formal on-boarding
- An assigned mentor
- Formal assignment of a manager who will provide performance evaluations and coaching
- A thorough opportunity to work and partner on projects and assignments that will help build their career experience
The User Research Coordinator can expect to learn
- The process of designing, executing and socializing research projects
- The role of social listening, quantitative, and qualitative research in an organization
- Different research methodologies and objectives, and how they are best applied
- How to use Excel to gather, review, and analyze data
The Ideal Candidate will be
- Proficient with technology
- Experienced with using social media and niche platforms such as Twitter, Reddit, and/or Instagram
- Possess superior organizational skills and be detail oriented
- Have the natural ability to think critically, exercise curiosity, and exhibit a strong sense of self-awareness
- Open to interacting with people of diverse experiences and perspectives
- Respectful of users’ privacy and personal data
Why Work at Grindr?
Since 2009, Grindr has built the world’s largest social network for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. Now more than just an app, we’re a family of lifestyle brands with the shared mission to connect LGBTQ people with the world around them:
- Grindr – The location-based social app that started it all. Over 3 million people use Grindr daily, from every country on the planet.
- INTO – A video content platform dedicated to queer perspectives: news, culture, social, commentary, and more.
- Grindr for Equality (G4E) – Our social mission to promote justice, health, and safety for LGBTQ individuals around the globe.
- Gaymoji – A one-of-a-kind collection of over 500+ stickers available on iOS, Android, and in the Grindr app.
Behind the brands, Grindr is an inclusive and passionate family of thinkers, innovators, leaders, and most importantly, doers. We’re fueled by endless curiosity, constant collaboration, and a knack for crossing every finish line – all within an agile growth environment. We also enjoy tons of perks, great social events, and stunning views from our HQ in West Hollywood.
- Catered lunch, every day
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.