User Interface (UI) Designer
MeUndies sells underwear, sure. But because we’re vertically-integrated, direct-to-consumer, and handle everything from design to marketing to shipping, we bring our customers much more than just undies. We’re a lifestyle brand devoted to self-expression and basics that are anything but simple. A great pair of undies can brighten up your day and a great underwear company keeps it going. We wear our brand as a badge of honor and we’re not afraid to share it.
We are looking for an experienced and creative User Interface (UI) designer to join our team. This UI designer will be creating and designing web elements that optimize user interaction and experience. The ideal candidate will understand the differences between UI and UX design, and have a creative yet organized approach to tackling problems and creating solutions. They’ll be a collaborative teammate, who can straddle the line of being hands on and being at 30,000 feet with ease. They’ll bring polish to our visual design efforts, and work hard to delight our customers.
What you’ll do:
- Design and create user flows, prototypes, sketches and high-fidelity mockups.
- Collaborate with UX designers to determine product specifications and execute design work with a high level of polish.
- Use our existing style guides and previous Product Design work to represent MeUndies brand with a holistic consideration for our product’s future.
- Create asset and spec across platforms.
- Collaborate closely with cross-disciplinary teams of Engineering, Marketing, and Brand on regular basis.
- Utilize data from user testing, consumer insights and Google analytics to iterate design and improve our digital product.
- Strategize, brainstorm, and design key features.
What you have:
- 2-4 years of experience as a UI designer preferably at an ecommerce company.
- A strong understanding of user-centered design, responsive design, mobile first design, and web standards.
- Experience working in an agile development process.
- Thorough understanding of layout, typography and visual hierarchy.
- Experience using design tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InVision, Abstract.
- Be open to receiving objective criticism and improving upon it.
- Strong multi-tasking skills; able to prioritize own work (and ask questions when it’s ambiguous).
- Self-starter mentality with excellent presentation and communication skills.
WHY JOIN MEUNDIES?
It's more than a job.
We’re a team of kind, smart, diverse, and fun people who are building an amazing business and brand.
So we look at the big things.
We offer competitive equity/salary packages, plus generous parental leave, 401k, awesome health benefits, and open time off. You’ll enjoy top-of-the-line hardware and software.
And the little things.
Everybody gets access to an on-site gym, snacks, and an office keg.
Even everyday things.
There’s a structured review process, regular feedback surveys, and a focus on open communication—all to make sure you’re thriving, happy, and growing.
And those special extra things.
We keep things fun with frequent catered lunches, holiday parties, offsites, and an annual retreat. You’ll get a sweet, sweet MeUndies discount, as well as a complimentary monthly subscription for our feel-good undies.