User Experience (UX), Research
MeUndies sells underwear, sure. But because we’re vertically-integrated, direct-to-consumer, and handle everything from design to marketing to shipping, we bring our customers much more than just undies. We’re a lifestyle brand devoted to self-expression and basics that are anything but simple. A great pair of undies can brighten up your day and a great underwear company keeps it going. We wear our brand as a badge of honor and we’re not afraid to share it.
At the center of every great product is a thoughtful and well-designed user experience, taking both internal users and business objectives into account. At MeUndies, fun products are our thing. We are looking for an extremely talented individual; someone who can identify end-user needs and leverage their findings to support the design of beautiful, innovative, and easy-to-use experiences. This person will collaborate closely with internal stakeholders to ensure focus on the most impactful projects and creation of the best possible user experiences, interactions, and flows.
You’re specialized in user research methods and understand how to facilitate surveys, in-depth user interviews, focus groups among other methods. You also understand how important quantitative research is a part of the bigger picture. Just as important as the research itself - you know how to apply what you’ve learned to actual design and product solutions. You can synthesize data and provide digestible and understandable readouts to the larger team.
Aside from your research knowledge, you’re a user experience generalist. You know the basics of UX and can execute medium fidelity designs, wireframes, prototypes, personas, user flows, task flows, use cases, etc. You work well with other team members with varying specialty - developers, product managers, marketing and other key stakeholders. You are able to convey your ideas in a way that helps anyone understand; you have strong empathy.
- Support product management in defining and setting up low fidelity a/b tests to evaluate product strategy and design hypotheses. When appropriate, partner with developers to build out and run these tests.
- Focus on a myriad of both research and testing initiatives
- Help conduct in-depth user interviews, surveys, and other research methods that provide us with valuable insights into our users
- Run formative and evaluative usability test sessions at different stages of the design life cycle
- Synthesize and clearly articulate both core findings as well user insights (archetypes, personas, etc.)
- Develop prototypes that visualize interaction models, navigation, etc. and seek to understand user expectations and behavior
- Advocate for our customers, UX methodologies, and best practices — learn, design, test, iterate, repeat
- Work cross-functionally with Engineering, Marketing, and Consumer Insights to drive forward key metrics and business goals
- Utilize Google Analytics, user testing, consumer insights and purchase data to identify opportunities to improve our current website user experience.
- Act as a UX leader in our organization. Maintain knowledge of competitive products and experiences as well as trends and best practices in UX design
- 4+ years of experience as a User Experience Designer or Researcher
- A BA, BS, MA, or MS Degree in HCI, Psychology, Computer Science or a related area. Note: UX related work experience will be considered in place of a degree if accompanied by an impressive portfolio.
- Expertise in creating a variety of design documentation including (but not limited to) user scenarios, task flows, conceptual models, personas, competitor analysis, heuristic analysis, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Proficiency with design software (Sketch3, Omnigraffle, Adobe Creative Suite, Abstract)
- Proficiency with prototyping tools (InVision, Proto.io, Flinto etc)
- Previous experience conducting research and/or user testing (both in person and remote)
- An expert level understanding of Google Analytics
- A love for data-driven problem-solving
- A basic knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Experience working in e-commerce preferred
- Experience of working in an Agile environment.
WHY WORK AT MEUNDIES?It's more than a job.We’re a team of kind, smart, diverse, and fun people who are building an amazing business and brand.
So we look at the big things.We offer competitive equity/salary packages, plus generous parental leave, 401k, awesome health benefits, and open time off. You’ll enjoy top-of-the-line hardware and software, and have access to an annual personal Learning & Development budget of $1,000!
And the little things.Everybody gets access to an on-site gym, snacks, and an office keg (choose the cold brew by day, and the IPA by night).
Even everyday things.There’s a structured review process, regular feedback surveys, and a focus on open communication—all to make sure you’re thriving, happy, and growing.
And those special extra things.
We keep things fun with frequent catered lunches, holiday parties, offsites, and an annual retreat. You’ll get a sweet, sweet MeUndies discount, as well as a complimentary monthly subscription for our feel-good undies.