Reformation is a fast-growing company that is redefining fashion. We make killer clothes that don’t kill the environment and want our garments’ impact on the planet to be as low as possible. After all, there’s nothing less sexy than leaving a big nasty mess.
Reformation is looking for an awesome technical designer who will link the design department and production to ensure that all designs translate to amazing garments. The role includes participating in the fit process from design to release and PPs and collaborating with Production Team to ensure consistency of product. Generating very clear measurements of each fit and pointed tech packs, and working closely with our design and merchandising departments.
We are looking for a full-time, super-efficient and hard-working technical designer who will make sure our clothes look and fit great and are made at the highest level of quality standards.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with design and product development to ensure great fitting quality product reflective of the design intent.
- Participate in fit sessions by fitting samples on live model, recording comments and communicating with team and partners.
- Spec garments, take and track notes to ensure final fit, quality and construction meets standards; assist in communication with vendors on Full Package development and standards.
- Create thorough tech packs with sketches, complete construction details, and key measurements
- Input grade rules, cross-check pattern, pattern card, approved specs, and BOM before release to marking/grading.
- Track and monitor execution to time-and-action calendar; record and track all packages; track fit and pre - production (PP) samples or other reference samples as required; keep archive of samples, notes, trims, etc.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-10 years experience in technical design of apparel or relevant training. Plus size and Petites experience preferred.
- Extreme attention to detail and accuracy, as well as ability to prioritize and make quick decisions
- Superior organizational skills and excellent communication skills; team oriented; highly detail oriented and meticulous
- Thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Extremely honest and trustworthy with highest integrity
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines, balance creativity with technical capability, and interpret design sketches for tech packs
- Knowledge of garment construction, pattern making, silhouettes, colorways, sewing techniques, fabrication and trim; familiarity with print design and manufacturing
Who You Are:
- Very skilled at full pack who wants to excel into a better quality apparel collection
- Desire to grow and continue a career in full pack for an established and high growth company
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for eligible employees
- Paid vacation, sick, holidays & volunteer time-off for eligible employees
- Mission based company + casual and entrepreneurial work environment
- Clothing discount, dog-friendly office, company events + parties and much more
Please submit your resume and a short cover letter telling us about yourself and why you are a great fit for Reformation!
The Reformation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status
Some light reading - Forbes, Fashionista and Business of Fashion