Staff Product Designer
BlackLine has become the world's most trusted name in financial automation and defines the cutting-edge category of Modern Finance. We are a named Leader in the 2018 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Financial Corporate Performance Management, and one the country's best workplaces in Technology by Fortune™ Magazine. We're looking for a Lead Product Designer who can find creative answers to complex problems, engender trust and cohesion, facilitate innovation, and help us enhance a class-leading product innovation organization.
The Product Design team at BlackLine drives product design and UX strategy across BlackLine's entire suite of solutions and support key business objectives of the company. If you welcome solving complex challenges at the system level and are passionate about enhancing user experience and productivity and investing in customer success via B2B SaaS, come work with us.
The Lead Product Designer should be a UX evangelist and is responsible for overseeing various projects across multiple products, collaborates and aligns with product and engineering partners. This role contributes to the standardization of process and best practices within the design team and between cross-functional teams. This role participates in planning and goal and success metrics creation in the design team and help the team to reach the next level. She or he must be fluent in UX research, workshop facilitation, usability testing, lean UX, principles of design and UX best practices with superb hand-on skills.
- Understand BlackLine product ecosystem and build and support cohesive user experience across various products
- Lead and manage multiple projects at different phases from inception to completion
- Have expert knowledge in user research and set up a research/testing cadence and best practices
- Plan and facilitate workshops with various members within and outside organization
- Create design deliverables as needed
- Own and groom BlackLine user personas and critical user journeys
- Collaborate and communicate with other partners with transparency for clear alignment
- Estimate and plan tasks and projects and manage backlog and roadmap for assigned projects
- Support culture of learning and mentor junior designers
- Contributes to design strategy, vision and roadmap
- Help build a stronger design team by process and best practices optimization
- 10+ years of experience in experience design with deep knowledge (interaction design, visual design, design/user research and creative process)
- Experience in enterprise SaaS
- Experience working with large datasets/volumes of information
- Experience with lean UX (rapid discovery, prototyping, testing and iteration)
- Responsive design, native iOS and Android design experience
- Excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills to articulate concepts, feedback and rationale and promote UX led initiatives
- Kind, assertive, positive, easy to work with, team player with strong work ethics
- Design portfolio to demonstrate above qualifications