At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans struggle to get the care they need, and prices just keep rising. Our marketplaces for prescription medicines and telehealth have helped Americans save $25 billion since 2011. GoodRx is a public company; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix big problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, and those in the LGBTQ+ communities to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch – we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
About the Role
As a Senior User Experience Researcher, reporting to the Director of Researcher or the Lead UX Researcher, you will help to define and lead the UX Research strategy for the GoodRX product organization. You will partner with your fellow UXR teammates and collaborate closely with UX Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers to identify impactful research opportunities, manage resourcing, and drive quality execution of research plans.
In this role you as Sr. UX Researcher on the UXR team, you work in conjunction with the Lead UX Researcher and UXR team to conduct research related to future high potential concepts. You would drive insight gathering, that includes both engaging potential/existing users, and also working with BI/Data, and leveraging existing resources such as the Persona library to bring both qualitative and quantitative perspectives to UXR team projects. This role would be responsible for testing future concepts and iterations with users to at all stages of idea development from resonance to experiential to usability testing. This role helps to bring the context necessary to inform decisions around what to bring into the product roadmap. Your work is at the core of our vision of building amazing products that help millions of users with their healthcare needs.
- Plan, gather, and analyze insights about our users through new studies and review of existing data
- Analyze and discuss research intake forms to assist in team prioritization and assignment of work
- Work closely with product, design, engineering, and data partners to prioritize research opportunities based on need and impact
- Translate product and design goals into research questions and plans
- Determine and apply proper research methods to the type of questions being answered
- Advocate for the user, be able to clearly explain research findings, and make thoughtful recommendations to the organization that align with both user and business goals
- Develop long-term vision and strategy for the primary product vertical you are working with, along with brainstorming with your UXR Teammates
- Manage expectations of your stakeholders around execution and delivery of results in a fast paced environment
- Write research proposals including resources, budgets, and tools as needed
- Summarize findings, preparing presentation reports and present findings to stakeholders
Skills & Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree in Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience creating research plans and leading overall research strategy in the web and/or mobile space
- Experience in executing field research, 1 on 1 interviews, usability testing and other standard methodologies
- Experience with various UX research tools (e.g., UserTesting, Userzoom, Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey, Tableau, Qualaroo, Maze)
- Experience with various data analysis tools (e.g., Excel, R, Tableau, SPSS).Desire and ability to quickly learn new tools and methodologies
- 5+ years experience of conducting research with deliverables to all levels of the business
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, including experience leading and integrating user research into product designs and design practices
- Internet, healthcare experience
- Experience working with mobile apps and platforms
- Solid understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase
- Excellent working knowledge of statistics and the principles of experiment design
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $25 billion using GoodRx and 15 million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.