At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans struggle to get the care they need, and prices just keep rising. Our marketplaces for prescription medicines and telehealth have helped Americans save $20 billion since 2011. GoodRx is a profitable business funded by top-tier investors; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix big problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
About the Role
As a Part-Time Senior User Experience Researcher, reporting to the Director of Research, you will help to define and lead the UX Research strategy for the GoodRX product organization. You will partner with your fellow UXR teammates and collaborate closely with UX Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers to identify impactful research opportunities, manage resourcing, and drive quality execution of research plans.
In this role you will have the opportunity to define, drive and execute projects that truly shape the products and features that GoodRx delivers to its users. You will have the opportunity to collaborate closely with cross-functional partners and communicate out insights and recommendations at all levels of the organization. Your work is at the core of our vision of building amazing products that help millions of users with their healthcare needs.
- Plan, gather, and analyze insights about our users through new studies and review of existing data
- Analyze and discuss research intake forms to assist in team prioritization and assignment of work
- Work closely with product, design, engineering, and data partners to prioritize research opportunities based on need and impact
- Translate product and design goals into research questions and plans
- Determine and apply proper research methods to the type of questions being answered
- Advocate for the user, be able to clearly explain research findings, and make thoughtful recommendations to the organization that align with both user and business goals
- Develop long-term vision and strategy for the primary product vertical you are working with, along with brainstorming with your UXR Teammates
- Manage expectations of your stakeholders around execution and delivery of results in a fast paced environment
- Write research proposals including resources, budgets, and tools as needed
- Summarize findings, preparing presentation reports and present findings to stakeholders
Skills & Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree in Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience creating research plans and leading overall research strategy in the web and/or mobile space
- Experience in executing field research, 1 on 1 interviews, usability testing and other standard methodologies
- Experience with various UX research tools (e.g., UserTesting, Userzoom, Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey, Tableau, Qualaroo, Maze)
- Experience with various data analysis tools (e.g., Excel, R, Tableau, SPSS)
- Desire and ability to quickly learn new tools and methodologies
- 5+ years experience of conducting research with deliverables to all levels of the business
- 5 - 10 years of relevant work experience, including experience leading and integrating user research into product designs and design practices
- Internet, healthcare experience
- Experience working with mobile apps and platforms
- Solid understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase
- Excellent working knowledge of statistics and the principles of experiment design
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $20 billion using GoodRx and 15 million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.
Read Full Job Description