Senior UX Designer at Pluto TV
Los Angeles, CA, US, 90069
Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Pluto TV's UX and Product Design team is currently looking for a Senior UX Designer to join the team. This person will be owning the design of features for various platforms that host the Pluto TV service in order to improve user engagement and retention.
The role will report to the Senior Director of Product Design.
This is a meaningful role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Lead the design of cross-platform features while collaborating with platform specific teams for implementation and iterative improvements.
- Break down complex problems to find the discrete and actionable solutions required for our agile product organisation.
- Communicate the user experience at various stages of the design process, in person and asynchronously, through wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, mockups, and/or high fidelity prototypes, and task tracking tools.
- Make evidence based arguments for problem definitions and solutions.
- Inform success metrics for design solutions.
We believe these are the key requirements to be successful:
- At least 5 years of commercial product designer experience as part of a design team with a high degree of autonomy while working closely with product and design teams to solve complex problems.
- Ability to effectively define and delegate tasks to UI designers.
- Experience with collaborative Lean UX frameworks.
- Experience creating and synthesizing unmoderated usability tests.
- Demonstrated success using design systems across multiple platforms.
- Record of influencing successful high-profile, highly-visible information architecture decisions.
- Experience making significant contributions creating multivariate tests to inform or validate features.
- Fluent with Qualitative and Quantitative User Data.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.viacomcbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to [email protected] Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.