Senior User Experience Designer at Happy Returns
WHAT IS HAPPY RETURNS?
Forward-thinking brands like Everlane, Rothy’s, and REVOLVE partner with Happy Returns to make returns beautiful for brands, shoppers, and the planet.
Happy Returns is:
- Based in Santa Monica, CA
- Backed by top investors like PayPal Ventures, Upfront Ventures, and USVP
- Loved and adored by shoppers: 95% would recommend us to friends!
Come help us shape the future of retail!
HELP SHOPPERS, BRANDS, AND THE PLANET
We’re not solving a small problem, and we’re not addressing a small market. We’re going after returns—the part of the online purchase experience shoppers say they hate most.
Our customers use Happy Returns’ returns software and reverse logistics to reduce costs, retain revenue, and make their supply chains sustainable—while acquiring and keeping loyal shoppers.
We care about making returns something our customers don’t have to worry about, and we hope you do, too!
DO THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE
At Happy Returns, you’ll have substantial impact. We solve challenging problems, work well as a team, and get great support and development from management. As our senior user experience (UX) designer, you will lead the UX design for all Happy Returns user-facing products, including retailer-branded online return & exchange flows, the “Returnista” mobile app used at Return Bars, retailer dashboards and customer service consoles, and even the proprietary software used to process returns in our Happy Returns hubs. You will partner with product, engineering, and other teams throughout the company to create user experiences that are compelling for customers, powerful and effective for retailers and location partners, and seamless for engineers to build and maintain.
If you’re a driven, talented, and customer-obsessed designer who enjoys working on challenging UX problems at start-up speed and agility, we want to meet you.
The Senior User Experience Designer will:
- Lead the design of UX for all Happy Returns’ user-facing products, including online return flows, mobile apps, business-to-business consoles, and hub management systems
- Leverage your own understanding of customer behavior, industry trends, and competitor functionality to translate user stories and functional requirements into UX design that is compelling for users and scalable for engineers to build and maintain
- Create all relevant deliverables for the design and implementation of UX, such user flows, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, and final specs
- Work with product managers, engineers, and others to iterate UX designs based on prototypes to maximize their usefulness to shoppers, retailers, partners, and Happy Returns
- Where necessary and appropriate, conduct research including market and competitive research, customer interviews, prototype testing, etc. to confirm the usefulness of UX designs
- Use appropriate tools to document all UX designs in formats that maximize the speed and accuracy of implementation by engineers
- Evangelize the importance of value of effective UX design to internal and external stakeholders
- Report to the head of product
- A minimum of 6 (preferably 8+) years of successful UX design experience working directly with high-performing development teams to design and deliver world class software products at scale
- Demonstrated success designing UX for consumer (B2C) applications; additional experience with B2B and/or B2B2C is strongly preferred.
- Ability to iterate designs rapidly and intelligently based on feedback from numerous stakeholders
- Some experience with UX for e-commerce applications is strongly preferred
- The ability to manage multiple projects in a very fast-paced environment
- Ability to create visual designs in addition to UX is preferable but not required
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to receive feedback constructively and make positive improvements in designs
- Passion for the problem Happy Returns is solving
- 22 days of paid time off
- Catered lunch (2X per week)
- Medical, dental, vision insurance (80% paid)
- Paid parental leave