Senior Technical Designer at Reformation (Greater LA Area, CA)
Who We Are:
We are a future focused organization committed to the belief that the problems facing our planet and society can be solved through innovation, common sense and education. Being naked is the #1 most sustainable option. We're #2.
Here at Ref, we put people first. We know that you can't innovate and do cool stuff without having everyone on board. So we work to create a culture where everyone feels like they belong and where their voices are truly valued. We build an inclusive culture together and make a real impact along the way.
Senior Technical Designer
Reformation is looking for an awesome technical designer who will link the design department and production to ensure that all designs translate to amazing garments. The role includes participating in the fit process from design to release and PPs and collaborating with Production Team to ensure consistency of product. Generating very clear measurements of each fit and pointed tech packs, and working closely with our design and merchandising departments.
We are looking for a full-time, super-efficient and hard-working technical designer who will make sure our clothes look and fit great and are made at the highest level of quality standards.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with design and product development to ensure great fitting quality product reflective of the design intent.
- Participate in fit sessions by fitting samples on live model, recording comments and communicating with team and partners.
- Spec garments, take and track notes to ensure final fit, quality and construction meets standards; assist in communication with vendors on Full Package development and standards.
- Create thorough tech packs with sketches, complete construction details, and key measurements
- Input grade rules, cross-check pattern, pattern card, approved specs, and BOM before release to marking/grading.
- Communicate and follow up with overseas factories on execution of fit comments, timely sample and component delivery and fabric / trim sourcing.
- Elevate vendor performance, ensure consistency of product across vendors and adherence to PD requirements.
- Partner with Domestic PD team to ensure consistent product across chain.
- Track and monitor execution to time-and-action calendar; record and track all packages; track fit and pre - production (PP) samples or other reference samples as required; keep archive of samples, notes, trims, etc.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-10 years experience in technical design of apparel or relevant training
- Extreme attention to detail and accuracy, as well as ability to prioritize and make quick decisions
- Superior organizational skills and excellent communication skills; team oriented; highly detail oriented and meticulous
- Thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Extremely honest and trustworthy with highest integrity
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines, balance creativity with technical capability, and interpret design sketches for tech packs
- Knowledge of garment construction, pattern making, silhouettes, colorways, sewing techniques, fabrication and trim; familiarity with print design and manufacturing
Who You Are:
- Very skilled at full pack who wants to excel into a better quality apparel collection
- Desire to grow and continue a career in full pack for an established and high growth company
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for eligible employees
- Paid vacation, sick, holidays & volunteer time-off for eligible employees
- Mission based company + casual and entrepreneurial work environment
- Clothing discount, dog-friendly office, company events + parties and much more
- 401K with company match
Please submit your resume and a short cover letter telling us about yourself and why you are a great fit for Reformation!
Reformation requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work. Reformation is an equal opportunity employer, and will consider requests for exemption from this policy as a reasonable accommodation where it can do so absent undue hardship, consistent with federal, state, and local law.
The Reformation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status
Some light reading - Vogue, Forbes, Eco-Age
CCPA disclosure notice here.