We are looking for a well rounded Senior Product Designer who has a passion for conceiving of and executing simple and impactful interfaces for the queer community. Grindr is a huge, uniquely important app, and you’ll be part of a small team that shapes the direction and future of a product used by over 15 million people a month. This is an opportunity to directly affect the lives of millions of people through your aesthetic, interaction, and product choices.
- Design valuable, cohesive, and delightful user experiences for Grindr.
- Collaborate with design team members
- Partner closely with engineering and product owners to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges.
- Iterate on designs based on feedback from team members, stakeholders, and users.
- Always be an advocate for our users.
- Stay up-to-date with mobile app design trends, best practices, patterns, new capabilities, etc., and use this knowledge to push the product forward.
You should have...
- Experience: 5+ years of experience in product design, UI design and/or UX design in a fast-paced environment.
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a foundation in Typography, Interaction and Visual Design, and Ideation.
- Experience designing for both Android and iOS. Responsive web experience a plus.
- Experience with Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Proto.io (or other prototyping tool) a must
- Experience working on a live app
You should be...
- Highly collaborative. Able to build trust & strong relationships at all levels, influence without formal authority and push back when appropriate.
- Confident in your own skill but respectful of the contributions of others.
- Curious about user behavior and have empathy for diverse perspectives.
- Dedicated to simplicity and visual harmony.
- Experimental by nature, excited and knowledgeable about A/B testing and user research.
- An excellent verbal and written communicator.
- Comfortable with ambiguity. Process oriented, but flexible.
- Knowledgeable of industry and platform-specific patterns.
- Front end web development skills
- Experience designing for social media or dating apps
- Experience with animation and/or motion design
- Experience conducting exploratory user research and usability testing
- Experience with quantitative data gathering and surveys
Why Work at Grindr?
Since 2009, Grindr has built the world’s largest social network for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. Now more than just an app, we’re a family of lifestyle brands with the shared mission to connect LGBTQ people with the world around them:
Behind the brands, Grindr is an inclusive and passionate family of thinkers, innovators, leaders, and most importantly, doers. We’re fueled by endless curiosity, constant collaboration, and a knack for crossing every finish line – all within an agile growth environment. We also enjoy tons of perks, great social events, and stunning views from our HQ in West Hollywood.
A note about remote work
While our preference is for someone who can eventually be in person in our West Hollywood office, the entire company is currently remote and we are open to hiring the right remote candidates.
Benefits & Perks
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Flexible Time Off Policy
- Competitive Salaries
- 401(k)- Matching
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.