Dave is the finance version of David and Goliath taking on the big banks. A financial friend to the millions of Americans who use the app, Dave helps with budgeting, building credit, finding work and accessing money to cover immediate expenses before payday. Instead of mandatory fees, Dave lets users pay what they think is fair through a ‘tip’ based model. Dave users plant a tree for each % tip they leave when taking an advance, resulting in tens of millions of trees planted.
We are choosing to build a quality team vs a large team. You will be a formative part of our company culture moving forward. To that point, we want someone that can take ownership of a project from beginning to end and can do it on their own. We’ll be there to support you but not hold your hand.
Sure, we’ve checked all the boxes you’d expect from a fast-moving startup, but the best thing we can offer you is a supportive environment for learning and opportunities for personal/professional growth.
About the team:
Design is a business differentiator at Dave. It is our job to deeply understand our members’ needs and experience so that we can deliver unique, approachable and meaningful solutions to their already stressful lives.
Our team values shipping early and often while also holding a high bar for shipping great products by pushing our engineering and product counterparts to perfect the product experience. We do this through the practice of UX design, the development of design systems and tooling, product writing, and design research. We go to extraordinary lengths to produce world-class work, and you will get to both deploy your hard-earned experience and build your skills in an organization where your area of work is highly valued.
Who you are:
- You can empathize with people whose experience, daily life, and needs may be very different than your own.You thrive in an environment with short feedback loops.
- You are a systems thinker. Even though you may work on a specific feature set or within a squad’s focus, you seek to understand the entire customer journey.
- You take a comprehensive approach to product design and customer empathy, you think in terms of design systems and not individual screens or components.
- You are inquisitive by nature. Your first instinct is to ask questions instead of rushing to an answer. You aim to minimize ambiguity by identifying constraints and crystalizing the problem you are trying to solve. With this, you distill complicated problems into simple and approachable solutions.
- You give and receive feedback well, like collaborating with others early and often, and want to push both yourself and the design team to new heights.
- You have a user and data-focused design mentality. You are constantly looking to hone your team’s instincts through user feedback and data insight.
- You understand the role and importance of qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
- You obsess over details and work collaboratively with your engineering counterparts to ensure that the deliverables in our users hands are exactly what you’d expect.
What you'll do:
- Own and lead the end-to-end design process of new features and iterations of a product that is used by millions of people.
- Work collaboratively with your PM, Eng and UX partners to identify and solve user, product, and business problems.
- Own product design and direction for your squad. This requires you to be actively involved in defining strategy as you will be a key contributor to defining your squad’s goals, success metrics, roadmap, and sprint commitments.
- Deliver high-quality, polished, delightful, and easy to use designs.
- Design and prototype multiple ideas quickly, and connect regularly with customers to validate product directions.
- Participate in twice-a-week design collab sessions.
- Mentor fellow designers, helping them to think more critically and strategically and improve their craft.
- Articulate, negotiate, and refine design requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers to arrive at the best design solutions.
What you'll need:
- 6+ years relevant product design experience in a product or design-focused tech company.
- Practical experience shipping real products that solve real problems for real people.
- Experience performing all functions of the product design lifecycle, including research (sometimes with the UX research team), defining product strategy, wireframes, prototypes, pixel-perfect UI, documentation, and user testing.
- Deep practical knowledge of design tools like Figma.
- Experience building/maintaining a scalable design system in Figma or equivalent.
- Strong communication skills with cross-departmental teammates such as engineering and data analysis.
Benefits & Perks
• Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
• Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and your dependents
• Competitive salary and equity compensation packages
• Generous and flexible PTO
• Catered lunch 3x/week
• Voluntary life insurance plan
• Voluntary worksite benefit plans for accidents, critical illness and hospital indemnity
• Flexible work hours
• 401(k) savings plan
• Central location
• Generous paid parental leave
• 1UP Wednesdays where you can teach or learn something new from a fellow Dave
• An open and fun office space with room for socializing - outside patio, hammock, and basketball hoop
• A collaborative environment with opportunities for learning and growth
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.