Who We Are
Pluto TV, a Viacom company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 100+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Viacom creates entertainment experiences that drive conversation and culture around the world. Through television, film, digital media, live events, merchandise and solutions, our brands connect with diverse, young and the young at heart audiences in more than 180 countries.
For more information on Viacom and its businesses, visit www.viacom.com. Keep up with Viacom news by following us on Twitter (twitter.com/viacom), Facebook (facebook.com/viacom) and LinkedIn (linkedin.com/company/viacom).
Our Creative Team is growing and looking for an incredibly talented Senior Designer to produce and oversee digital and print creative across our channels and platforms. You should have in-depth knowledge of modern design trends and styles, and cutting-edge knowledge of the latest tools and tricks of the trade. Ideally, you should be teaching us something new everyday. Your passion for design should be rivaled only by your desire to produce top-notch work consistently and continuously. You should be able to give and receive creative direction, and always look for innovative creative solutions for design problems.
This is a critical role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Visualize, conceptualize and produce stunning print and digital creative on-time and according to spec
- Help develop the look and feel of Pluto TV across every platform. Surface best practices for all Pluto TV placements through competitive analysis and apply learnings to in-house creative
- Create templates for Pluto TV digital and print assets
- Design original work, including key art, digital ads, print assets, and more that adhere to Pluto TV’s branding guidelines and help promote Pluto TV as the world’s premier free TV platform
- Track down and secure any assets, including key art, fonts, stock imagery, etc to create graphics
- Ensure Pluto TV branding guidelines and design standards are being met across all creative
- Provide critical feedback to the rest of the team (designers, editors, etc) in a positive manner
- Help maintain organization and storage standards and help devise storage solutions when necessary
Qualities / Experience We’re Seeking
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar position within an agency or entertainment company
- A passion for movies, TV and pop culture in general
- Strong knowledge of current industry trends regarding on-air television promotion, social media, OTT, etc.
- Strong knowledge of current industry design trends
- Complete mastery of Adobe Creative Cloud’s core suite of tools: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- 1+ year’s experience working with wireframing tools such as Sketch
- A genuine desire to push boundaries to create eye-poppingly stunning graphics
- Ability to work with deadlines even if under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and technical skills
Citizens of Pluto TV have the privilege of entertaining millions of people. We are entrepreneurs looking to revolutionize the future of TV. While our planet is small, our ambition is boundless. The stakes don’t get much higher.
Becoming a Citizen is hard work. We need self-starters that thrive in changing environments, who treat company resources like their own, and who deliver seemingly impossible outcomes at warp speed. It’s the only way we stay ahead of the giants looking to take the opportunity we have earned. We are selective but once chosen, you’re in.
Why You Should Become a Citizen of Pluto TV
Becoming a Citizen is hard work but the rewards of citizenship are plentiful. Work with the smartest people on some of the most complex projects of your life, while profoundly impacting both Pluto TV and the broader world of entertainment. Share in the epic quest to define the future of television as we know it. Big commitment, big impact, lasting change.
As a Citizen, you will enjoy generously-sponsored medical benefits, a generous vacation policy, 401K retirement plan, social and team events, and more!
We’re an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
At PlutoTV and Viacom, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Viacom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.