Product Designer at Pluto TV
Los Angeles, CA, US, 90069
Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Overview & Responsibilities
Pluto TV's Product Design team is currently looking for a Product Designer to join us. This role will craft and test features for various platforms that host the Pluto TV service in order to improve user engagement and retention.
The role will report to a Senior Product Designer.
This is a meaningful role with a wide range of responsibilities requiring both user experience and user interface design contributions:
User Experience Design:
- Transforming high-level solutions to complex user experience problems to well defined, accessible, and easy-to-use designs.
- Building user flows and information architectures optimized for our various connected television platforms.
- Using qualitative research, such as user testing, to iteratively frame user problems and validate solutions.
User Interface Design:
- Presenting the user experience design at various stages of the design process by using wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, mockups, and/or high fidelity click through prototypes.
- Implementing and improving the Pluto design system across multiple device types, screen sizes, and languages.
- Crafting high fidelity comps which represent the expectation of release.
We believe these are the key requirements to be successful:
- At least 1 year of commercial Product Designer or UX/UI Designer experience as part of a design team. Please note that this is not a Visual Designer role.
- An online portfolio of work showcasing experience in these areas is required (please put your online portfolio URL at the top of your resume as those without an online portfolio will not be considered for this role).
- Record of collaboration with distributed teams.
- Proficiency with design tools such as (or similar to) Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, After Effects.
- Experience with design systems.
- Visual design skills with sensitivity to interaction design.
- Experience working with information-dense layouts and multi-device flows.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.viacomcbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to [email protected] Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.