Product Designer at Grindr
We are looking for a well rounded Product Designer who has a passion for conceiving of and executing simple and impactful interfaces for the world’s largest social networking app for gay, bi, trans and queer people. Our design team is small and nimble where every contributor has the power to impact the product and thus the community.
- Conceive of valuable, cohesive and simple user experiences for Grindr
- Create designs and prototypes including wireframes, flowcharts, visual mock-ups
- Work with Product Owners, Researchers and Analysts to advocate for our diverse user base with hard data and in-depth research to help meet their unique needs
- Iterate on designs based on feedback from team members, stakeholders and users
- Work directly with engineers on-site as well as remotely to execute designs as intended
- 4+ years of professional experience in UX design
- Experience designing on multiple platforms (iOS, Android, Desktop, etc.) with current tools (Sketch, Figma, Proto.io etc.)
- Highly collaborative. Able to build trust & strong relationships at all levels, influence without formal authority, and push back when appropriate. Earns respect and respects the contributions of others
- Process oriented but flexible enough to get things done in a fast-paced environment and comfortable with ambiguity
- A portfolio that showcases an eye for simplicity, visual harmony, and knowledge of industry and platform specific patterns
- A passion for creating solutions for the queer community
- Front end web development skills
- Experience with animation and/or motion design
- Experience conducting exploratory user research and usability testing
- Experience with quantitative data gathering and surveys
- Experience working on a live app
Why Work at Grindr?
Since 2009, Grindr has built the world’s largest social network for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. Now more than just an app, we’re a family of lifestyle brands with the shared mission to connect LGBTQ people with the world around them:
- Grindr – The location-based social app that started it all. Over 3 million people use Grindr daily, from every country on the planet.
- INTO – A video content platform dedicated to queer perspectives: news, culture, social, commentary, and more.
- Grindr for Equality (G4E) – Our social mission to promote justice, health, and safety for LGBTQ individuals around the globe.
- Gaymoji – A one-of-a-kind collection of over 500+ stickers available on iOS, Android, and in the Grindr app.
Behind the brands, Grindr is an inclusive and passionate family of thinkers, innovators, leaders, and most importantly, doers. We’re fueled by endless curiosity, constant collaboration, and a knack for crossing every finish line – all within an agile growth environment. We also enjoy tons of perks, great social events, and stunning views from our HQ in West Hollywood.
Benefits & Perks
- 100% covered medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Flexible Time Off Policy
- Competitive Salaries
- 401(k)- Matching
- Catered daily lunch
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.