Why Work at Grindr?
Since 2009, Grindr has built the world’s largest social network for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. Now more than just an app, we’re a family of lifestyle brands with the shared mission to connect LGBTQ people with the world around them:
- Grindr – The location-based social app that started it all. Over 3 million people use Grindr daily, from every country on the planet.
- INTO – A digital magazine dedicated to queer perspectives: news, culture, commentary, video, and more.
- Grindr for Equality (G4E) – Our social mission to promote justice, health, and safety for LGBTQ individuals around the globe.
- Gaymoji – A one-of-a-kind collection of over 500+ stickers available on iOS, Android, and in the Grindr app.
Behind the brands, Grindr is an inclusive and passionate family of thinkers, innovators, leaders, and most importantly, doers. We’re fueled by endless curiosity, constant collaboration, and a knack for crossing every finish line – all within an agile growth environment. We also enjoy tons of perks, great social events, and stunning views from our HQ in West Hollywood.
We are looking for a well rounded Product Designer who has a passion for conceiving of and executing simple and impactful interfaces.
- Working with the Design Lead, design valuable, cohesive and delightful user experiences for Grindr and INTO
- Work with Product Owners to ask questions and gather data to understand the problems that need to be solved
- Create UX designs and prototypes and UI mock-ups, including wireframes, flowcharts, visual mock-ups
- Iterate on designs based on feedback from team members, stakeholders and users
- Work directly with engineers on-site as well as remotely to execute designs as intended
- Communicate design decisions without defending them
- Always be an advocate for our users
- Stay up-to-date with mobile app design trends, best practices, patterns, new capabilities, etc., and use this knowledge to push the product forward
- 5+ years experience in product design, UI design and/or UX design in a fast-paced environment
- Experience designing for both Android and iOS. Responsive web experience a plus
- Experience with Sketch, Invision, Proto.io, and other design & prototyping platforms a must
- Highly collaborative. Builds trust & strong relationships at all levels, influences without formal authority, pushes back when appropriate. Earns respect and respects contributions of others
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Process oriented but flexible to get things done in ambiguous times
- An eye for simplicity and visual harmony
- Knowledge of industry and platform specific patterns
- Front end web development skills
- Experience with animation and/or motion design
- Experience conducting exploratory user research and usability testing
- Experience with quantitative data gathering and surveys
- Experience working on a live app
Benefits & Perks
- 100% covered medical and dental insurance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Unlimited sick policy
- Competitive Salaries
- Catered daily lunch
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.