Product Designer - Payments & Invoicing Team (UI UX) at Dubsado (Greater LA Area, CA)
At Dubsado, our mission is to empower entrepreneurs, freelancers, and small businesses by providing ever-evolving software and putting the customer first in all we do. You’ll be joining a self-funded company that values world-class customer care and education as much as we value designing and developing quality software.
Dubsado is a business management platform with a suite of tools designed to help business owners manage their projects and clients all in one place. From contracts and invoicing to scheduling and automated workflows, Dubsado is on a mission to be the go-to all-in-one solution for managing small businesses in creative industries and beyond.
About the role
The growing design team at Dubsado is small but mighty. Our centralized design team enables group critiques, collaboration, and support, but each designer works within a cross-functional product development team that is dedicated to a specific product area. Your work will have a direct impact on improving the lives and productivity of small business owners in a wide variety of industries all over the globe.
We’re looking for a Product Designer to join our Payments & Invoicing team. Dubsado’s payment and invoicing tools empower business owners to get paid on time while delivering a seamless experience for their clients. From sending a single invoice to enrolling clients in auto pay, our goal is to provide users with the tools they need to collect payments online for service-based businesses across a wide range of industries.
Joining the Payments & Invoicing team means that you’ll have a direct impact on helping our users reach their business goals and support their families. You’ll play an integral role in building and delivering high-value features that also contribute to Dubsado’s revenue growth. This is a great opportunity for a driven Product Manager who is skilled at balancing shifting priorities.
- A true team player. You're a self-starter, you leave your ego at the door, you enjoy helping wherever it is needed, and you truly believe in improving the lives of our business owners. We're all incredibly motivated and supportive—we regularly give shoutouts to people for big and small accomplishments. When you work here, both you and your work will be valued.
- Passionate about helping business owners. At the end of the day, we are here to serve small business owners and entrepreneurs. When we succeed, they thrive. If we fail our customers, we fail their businesses, which could have an impact on their ability to support themselves and their families. You can build an empathetic connection with our users, ensure their needs and goals are met, and drive your team to do the same.
- Scrappy and resourceful. As a self-funded company, we deeply value making the most of the resources we have. You are excited to work with our most abundant resource—user feedback—and hit the ground running.
- Ready to take ownership. You’ll be the sole product designer on your cross-functional team. While you’ll be able to connect regularly with your fellow designers for input and feedback, we’ll expect you to be confident working independently and holding your own. You’re a great listener and embrace feedback, but you’re also confident in forming your own views and can be relied upon for your design expertise.
- Flexible, patient, and willing to learn. Our team is growing quickly and we implement new approaches regularly. You don't work in a silo—you value collaboration, adapt quickly, and ask for feedback at every step of the way.
- Own your designs from wireframes to high-fidelity mockups in Figma.
- Seek to understand user, business, and development needs as you research and ideate.
- Design a clean, consistent, and intuitive visual experience for Dubsado users on both responsive web and mobile, as well as native app.
- Utilize and build upon Dubsado's ever-evolving design system. Work with other designers and developers to design and document UI components.
- Create interactive Figma prototypes and facilitate testing to validate your designs.
- Embrace iteration and communicate the “why” behind your design choices to create alignment with your product manager and developers.
- Prepare and organize annotated designs in Figma for handoff to developers.
- Communicate with developers often and answer any questions they have about the designs.
- Contribute to maintaining a healthy feedback culture in weekly design critiques and be a supportive, respectful teammate.
- Give and receive feedback well. Enjoy collaborating with others early and often.
- Proven experience as a product designer in SaaS or similar industry (we’re looking for 1+ years)
- Experience designing for fintech, e-commerce, invoicing, and/or payments products.
- Strong portfolio showcasing your visual skills alongside a solid foundational knowledge of the entire product design process
- Experience with Figma
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Nice-to-have: experience working with a design system
What to expect
Our team created a hiring guide to help you prepare for the application and interview process with confidence. Check it out here!