About the Position:
As a Product Design Manager at ChowNow, you will measure success in terms of both human and business impact. You will use research, strategy management, systematic design, and data to lead and manage a team of Product Designers to develop new products, services, and customer experiences for our company, clients, and consumers. You will work with client and customer engagement data across our current products. You will undertake in-depth quantitative and qualitative analysis to drive product innovation and strategy. You will be working within a team built on the foundation of strong collaboration, and impeccable design. You will work alongside Data, Engineering, Business, Brand, Product Design, and Marketing teams to bring plans to life.
About the Team:
ChowNow is unique among tech startups in the restaurant space. We power branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across North America – via websites, Facebook, Google, and through branded iOS and Android apps – and we do it all for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order volume. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners. And the same goes for our workplace.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. And we pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. To date we’ve created over 168,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. And as we expand to new markets, further spreading the word about the ChowNow difference, those opportunities to create, build, and grow will only increase. If this sounds like the kind of workplace, and the kind of mission, that appeals to you, we’d love to talk.
Learn more by checking out our reviews on Glassdoor (they’re excellent). Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
This role reports directly to the Executive Creative Director and has direct reports of various levels.
Specifically, You will:
- Hire, mentor and inspire a team of skilled designers — lead team culture and develop growth plans
- Facilitate reviews and meetings, hone processes and workflows in a highly collaborative environment
- Build a world-class experience backed by qualitative and quantitative data
- Ship high-quality design for a two-sided marketplace on multiple platforms
- Foster strong relationships with stakeholders, and effectively advocate for design strategy, vision, and goals
- Encourage an inclusive and open environment that makes space for diverse viewpoints and working styles.
- Be ego-free, and have a willingness to fail and learn
Within 30 Days You’ll:
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience)
- Observe 4 Restaurant Partner sessions with our RS team
- Observe Product Design related meetings to gain insight into our Product Design process
- Shadow current team members on current projects and initiatives
Within 60 Days You’ll:
- Foster a new Product Designer team project management process
- Begin to develop plans for product and services innovation
- Built working relationships with the Product Development teams
- Lead a component-based design system
- Observe 4 product demos with our sales team
Within 90 Days You’ll:
- Have established relationships with stakeholders and partners and have developed clear lines of communication
- Establish research processes and present them to the department
- Develop a plan for career development within the Product Design team
- Develop a plan to bring a new products on our roadmap to life
- Effectiveness in working across organizational boundaries to define, manage, and prioritize work.
- Deliver a UX vision, along with a plan for evolutionary, iterative updates, that actualize the larger vision over time.
You Should Apply If:
- You have 10 years total in Product Design
- You have 4+ years of experience managing a team
- Experience recruiting, hiring, and retaining multi-disciplinary design teams
- A track record of leading design through successful launches across iOS, Android, and mobile web
- You have Figma and project and team management software experience
- You have an ability to work efficiently with multiple tasks, projects, and manage a team to do the same
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills (written, verbal and on-screen)
- You are proficient at running usertesting sessions and recruiting candidates
- You have strong attention to detail and are highly organized
- You have an ability to work well in a fast-paced professional environment
- You can influence executive leadership across groups
- Have a passion for food and helping businesses grow
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive compensation
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
As one of ChowNow’s core values, “Celebrates Diversity”, we are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Read Full Job Description