To connect the world, we must reflect the world. At Virgin Hyperloop, we’re bringing together unique perspectives, empowering our community to celebrate all voices, and creating equal opportunities to build, grow, and thrive.
WHY WE NEED YOU
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design of complex structures and mechanisms through the entire product development cycle using Unigraphics NX and Teamcenter
- Analyze and verify preliminary and detail designs with hand calculations and FEA, with minimal support from analysis engineers to create detailed component and system models
- Lead the creation of technical design documents including component and sub-system requirements and specifications with relevant stakeholders
- Produce and review design definition documentation including part, assembly and interface drawings, and design reports
- Review and iterate on designs to ensure DFM, DFA, and system serviceability
- Develop test and verification plans, and test methods to validate components and integrated assemblies
WHAT YOU'VE DONE
- You should be detail oriented and able to consistently meet the required quality standards and agreed deadlines with the ability to design complex layouts and generate drawings from general written or verbal direction of senior design engineers.
- You should be able to defend your design choices while welcoming constructive criticism.
- You have the ability to research and learn new technologies, and then effectively incorporate them into your designs.
- You have the ability to remain cool under pressure, are efficient in prioritizing and executing tasks, and possess ability to make decisions in the face of incomplete information.
- You are able to move designs forward and pivot quickly as requirements are developed
- You should have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be capable of communicating across time zones and cultures to collaborate with international development and construction partners as needed.
- You are willing to travel to support process development and testing efforts as needed. Sometimes for extended periods.
- Strong understanding of first principles, applied mechanical engineering, and manufacturing methods
- Demonstrated ability to develop innovative design solutions to complex engineering problems
- Experience using Unigraphics NX or similar software
- Proficient in ASME Y14.5 GD&T (checking experience preferred)
- Strong understanding of Design for Manufacturing (DFM) for cost-effective production
- Understanding of varied metrology techniques, specifically laser trackers, and their applications
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience bringing mechanical concepts from R&D to production
- Design of robust outdoor systems in harsh environments
- Understanding of designing for integration with laser trackers (I.e. LEICA 930/960)
- Experience with ANSYS (static structural and transient) or similar
- Experience with structural testing- developing test plans, working with external vendors, qualifying hardware
- Experience using Teamcenter or similar software
WHY VIRGIN HYPERLOOP
- Our Benefits: medical (including infertility & mental health), dental, vision, life, FSA, HSA, 401k, and more
- Your Wellbeing: flexible work schedules, unlimited PTO, and 16 weeks of paid parental leave