We’re looking for an Marketing Designer to join the Product Design team at Slickdeals! This Marketing Manager will lead the design execution and approach of translating our brand design language in service of various strategic marketing initiatives to create design artifacts that support omni-channel campaigns, landing pages and content marketing. Ultimately, this role ensures our work communicates clearly, is on brand, and delights users.
Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
- Leverage an intermediate understanding of technologies, user interface design and visual design fundamentals and techniques in generating an effective range of designs/layouts for elements of the creative solution that address program objectives, and are visually appealing and motivating.
- Flourishes as a self-starter and can work with Marketing Managers to craft an approach that supports business and customer goals
- Work with copywriters to convey powerful and persuasive ideas that resonate with our stakeholders, customers and colleagues
- Work through a deliberate process of discovery and prototyping that includes the ability to conduct user research, scanning the industry for best-in-class trends and insights, and ultimately ensure that our marketing efforts represent the core brand behaviours we seek to express through design
- Understand and advocate for design tactics that apply to strategic initiatives like acquisition, retention and engagement
- Drive the creative concepting process and be able to eloquently argue a rationale for a concept or prototype.
- Drive the feedback process across relevant stakeholders and have the emotional intelligence to take constructive criticism
- Design mood boards, comps, concept sketches, presentation decks, style guides, and storyboards under direction of the VP of Product Design and other appropriate leaders.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
THE CANDIDATE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Self-manage efforts and able to prioritize a full plate of design requests.
- High dexterity in speed and quality with the tools of your trade.
- Knowledge of and curiosity about technology and its impact on design solutions.
- Practical command of standard design applications (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Keynote, Sketch, InVision); experience with video editing, motion graphics, and prototyping software is a plus.
- Practical awareness of delivery methodologies with an emphasis on agile.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure in a deadline-driven environment.
- Demonstrated practical problem-solving skills that enable you to evaluate a creative approach, brainstorm, and seek unexpected, original, and innovative ideas.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and sensitivity to version control issues.
- Basic understanding of technical and cross-platform implications (strengths and limitations of individual native, hybrid and HTML platforms).
- Good interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, and the ability to thrive in a collaborative environment with multidisciplinary teams.
- Practical knowledge of creative development process.
- Work enthusiastically, respectfully and collaboratively with other project team members.
- Have a practical understanding of the function and output of other disciplines.
- Assist with the definition and creation of flexible, coherent design systems and component libraries.
- Contribute to the creation of design concepts through participation in brainstorms and other idea-generating sessions.
- Manage and prioritize work effectively, with assistance.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States
Slickdeals is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Slickdeals will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application.
Slickdeals participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to E-Verify Participation and Right to Work.
Slickdeals does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and is not responsible for related fees.