Dave is a banking app on a mission to build products that level the financial playing field. To date, we've helped more than 11 million customers bank, budget, avoid overdraft fees, find work, and build credit—and we're just getting started. We believe in a world where everyone has access to financial opportunity and the ability to reach their personal financial goals. With a growing suite of tools and services, we provide a superior banking experience for anyone living paycheck to paycheck.
As a virtual-first company, there is no preference on where we get our work done. You are able to live anywhere in the United States, with the exception of Hawaii.
Overall, we are focused on building a high quality, high performance team vs. a large team. This is especially true for our design organization. We are looking for strong team contributors who are (also) interested in being a formative part of our company culture moving forward.
The Design team works across many types of initiatives at Dave—from customer acquisition programs and our website, to enterprise dashboards product experiences, design systems and toolkit, and qualitative and quantitative research. Enabling our customer to live their best lives is at the core of all of our work, small and large.
If you are a design leader who identifies as having a strong sense of empathy, who is looking for ways to impact users' lives at scale, who’s curious, committed to collaboration, a continuous learner who’s got strong communication skills: this is the place for you.
We’re looking for an experienced Manager, Product Design who will have the chance to help build, coach, and mentor a quickly growing and highly skilled group of designers. This role reports to the Director, Product Design and works closely with cross-functional partners in Product and Engineering, to lead, manage and grow a team of designers to shape and build top-of-the funnel user acquisition experiences
While your product work -- and the team’s work -- itself will not be in the 0-1 space, this is a 0-1 role; a space for seekers and builders.
What you'll do:
- Manage a talented, diverse, inclusive team of product designers focused on business critical initiatives
- Shape the product roadmap for your group and squad areas
- Partner closely with product managers, engineers, content designers, user experience researchers, product growth analysts to deliver high quality experiences for our users
- Oversee multiple projects and scale design resources accordingly, ensuring deadlines are met, your team is effective, and designers are set up for success by setting clear and measurable goals
- Foster design thinking/user centric/product strategy skills in cross-functional partners
- Advocate for the user in partnering to prioritize roadmap, and model advocacy and balance for your team, and the design org as a whole
- Develop design talent and contribute to a culture where designers grow in their careers with a sense of inclusion, belonging, opportunity and altruism
- Foster a strong, collaborative design practice within your team and throughout the Design org
What you'll need:
- 8+ years of experience in Product Design
- 3+ years of leadership experience with direct reports under your guidance and leadership, including hiring and developing internal teams
- 5+ years of experience working collaboratively with product, engineering, design, content and user research teams
- Demonstrated success in shipping top-of-the-funnel experiences
- Demonstrated people management, and team development experience
Benefits & Perks
• Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
• Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and 80% for your dependents
• Company provided Basic Life and Short-Term and Long-Term Disability plans
• Generous paid parental and caregiver leave
• Voluntary Life Insurance
• 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
• Unlimited PTO and generous company holidays
• Company laptop and home office stipend
• Personal financial advisor
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.