At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans struggle to get the care they need, and prices just keep rising. Our marketplaces for prescription medicines and telehealth have helped Americans save $20 billion since 2011. GoodRx is a profitable business funded by top-tier investors; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix big problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
About the Role
As a Lead User Experience Researcher, reporting to the Director of Research, you will split your time between solving complex experience problems and driving overall UX strategy and vision within your product areas. You will partner with your fellow UXR teammates and collaborate closely with UX Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers to identify impactful research opportunities, manage resourcing, and drive quality execution of research plans.
In this role you as UX Lead on the Flex team work in conjunction with the Experience Architect and Flex team to conduct research related to future high potential concepts. You would drive insight gathering, that includes both engaging potential/existing users, and also working with BI/Data, and leveraging existing resources such as the Persona library to bring both qualitative and quantitative perspectives to Flex team projects. This role would be responsible for testing future concepts and iterations with users to at all stages of idea development from resonance to experiential to usability testing. This role helps to bring the context necessary to inform decisions around what to bring into the product roadmap. Your work is at the core of our vision of building amazing products that help millions of users with their healthcare needs.
- Possibly overseeing several or directly managing other UX researchers
- Proactively identifying opportunities and proposing initiatives to improve products and processes across the organization
- Working with UX leadership identify and execute plans to improve the quality and process across the team in ways that also enhance immediate product areas
- Plan, gather, and analyze insights about our users through new studies and review of existing data
- Analyze and discuss research intake forms to assist in team prioritization and assignment of work
- Work closely with product, design, engineering, and data partners to prioritize research opportunities based on need and impact
- Develop and include clear personas and user journeys used to frame design solutions from your research
- Translate product and design goals into research questions and plans
- Determine and apply proper research methods to the type of questions being answered
- Advocate for the user, be able to clearly explain research findings, and make thoughtful recommendations to the organization that align with both user and business goals
- Develop long-term vision and strategy for the primary product vertical you are working with, along with brainstorming with your UXR Teammates
- Manage expectations of your stakeholders around execution and delivery of results in a fast paced environment
- Write research proposals including resources, budgets, and tools as needed
- Summarize findings, preparing presentation reports and present findings to stakeholders
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5 - 10 years of relevant work experience, including experience leading and integrating user research into product designs and design practices
- Internet, healthcare experience
- Experience working with mobile apps and platforms
- Solid understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase
- Excellent working knowledge of statistics and the principles of experiment design
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $20 billion using GoodRx and 15 million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.
Read Full Job Description